ColonialWebb- Service Manager Opportunity in Baltimore, MD!!!
Comfort Systems USA-ColonialWebb is seeking a dynamic leader to manage our Maryland Building Service Department. As our Service Manager, you will have direct oversight and leadership responsibilities for Building Service Unit Supervisors, Service Technicians, and Service Coordinators. Additionally, you will be responsible for safety, employee care, training and development, and customer care!
We have had great success in developing Service managers into Operations Managers and Company leaders. Come join ColonialWebb and grow your Career!
Territory:This position supports our Metro-DC, Lower Maryland, Baltimore, and Delaware territories.
What you’ll do
Essential Employee Care and Safety Responsibilities:
- Share the “Safety with Care” message with all employees. Be the example of safety and the showing of care.
- Ensure implementation of safety policies and the adherence thereof.
- Lead safety and accident review meetings.
- Lead and/or actively participate in all annual safety training.
- Ensure all inspection forms and accident/incident reports are completed in a timely fashion and paperwork is submitted to the corporate Safety team.
- Order PPE items, as needed, and ensure all new hires have a fully-stocked PPE bag prior to being in the field and that existing employees maintain their PPE equipment and obtain new items, as needed.
Essential Leadership Responsibilities:
- Know and understand the company’s core beliefs (Safety, People, Customers, Collaboration, Community, and Environment). Practice these beliefs and be able to talk about these beliefs to others.
- Provide motivation and inspiration to the team.
- Coach team members on great customer care.
Essential Customer Care Duties:
- Develop relationships with customers’ points of contact.
- Address all customer service issues.
- Attend the monthly Customer Care Meeting and quickly address all customer related issues discussed and commitments made.
- Act as the Account Manager for assigned customers.
- Attend meetings with other customers, as needed, to support the Service Supervisors or Sales personnel.
- Assist Accounts Receivable with collections on Service Agreements and Regular Service work.
Essential Talent Management Duties:
- Monitor Building Service field recruiting activities; perform recruiting activities as required to ensure that a sufficient quantity of highly qualified personnel are in the company’s employ at all times.
- Ensure New Hire/Orientation procedures are being followed for all new Building Service field personnel.
- Conduct performance reviews with service personnel.
- Develop career development plans with/for team.
- Work with Service Operations Manager to develop, schedule, and facilitate structured in-house training programs.
Essential Operational Duties:
- Ensure that all services are performed in accordance with company practices through the effective management of the Building Service field personnel.
- Monitor and control manpower, tools, and vehicles to ensure efficient and effective use of all departmental resources.
- Attend meetings with the Operations Manager, in order to provide feedback on all departmental operations as they relate to manpower needs, asset management, performance levels, schedule adherence and departmental procedures.
- Develop plans to execute maintenance agreements to meet or beat estimates, and exceed the customers’ expectations.
- Review weekly report of regular service work identifying services performed below budgeted gross margins; identify problems and prepare plans for improvement. Perform follow-up on potential callbacks within 24 hours.
- Conduct weekly meetings to review cost control and ensure appropriate life cycles are being met.
Essential Business Development Duties:
- Provide Service Sales personnel with technical assistance as needed during the preparation of major proposals.
- Collaborate with sales to position recommended contract changes, such as scope, rate structures and or price.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of regular service quotations submitted by technicians, dispatchers, and quote coordinators.
- Promote all the ColonialWebb “Wheel of Services” to our customers.
- On assigned accounts provide asset management plans and provide equipment replacement quotations and other service proposals.
What we’re looking for
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Master’s level HVAC service experience.
- MD Master’s HVAC License (preferred).
- Previous leadership experience as a team leader or supervisor of service technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or equivalent technical school certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, or 10 years of direct industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of various HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of electrical and plumbing products, systems, electronics, and building controls (preferred, not required).
- Ability to understand financial reporting and influence the service team as needed to ensure costs do not exceed the budget and profitability meets or exceeds target.
- Knowledge of current Building Codes, ASHRAE standards and OSHA safety regulations.
- Coaching skills and ability to develop high performing service teams.
- Customer management skills; ability to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Production management skills; ability to visualize, plan, and execute to achieve budgeted goals.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively (verbally and written) with internal and external customers
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willing to travel to consult with customers within territory.
- Pass a driving record check, criminal background check, credit record check and drug screen.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Strong analysis, problem solving and critical thinking skills to provide innovative solutions.
- Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
- Achievement oriented.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
What we’ll offer you
- Completive Salary.
- Company vehicle.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
- Personal leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave.
- Opportunities for career growth, training and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
Who is ColonialWebb?
ColonialWebb (a Comfort Systems USA company) is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
We install, maintain and upgrade mechanical systems for America’s best buildings. We can build, service, or retrofit systems for virtually any type of building – from schools and museums to high-rise office buildings and hospitals – even industrial plants that manufacture everything from potato chips to computer chips. We provide customers with engineering, design, construction, manufacturing, maintenance and repair support in the fields of HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Process Piping, Building Automation and Controls, Electrical, Green Energy Solutions, and Water Treatment Systems.
For details, contact Junius Currier (Corporate Recruiter-ColonialWebb) at email@example.com, 804-264-5523, or 804-912-5523. EOE M/W/Disability/Vets