Someone received a phone call today

a friend of my dad is a Hispanic welfare recipient.
    she received a phone call from her relative who is a female Hispanic business owner, with 64 employees.
    the business owner was BEGGING her to get herself and her family registered to vote for Romney because she claims she received an estimate that ObamaCare is going to cost her $3000 per employee.
    she says once ObamaCare is fully implemented she will be forced to lay people off and doesn't think she can run the business without the necessary employees.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    a friend of my dad is a Hispanic welfare recipient.
    she received a phone call from her relative who is a female Hispanic business owner, with 64 employees.
    the business owner was BEGGING her to get herself and her family registered to vote for Romney because she claims she received an estimate that ObamaCare is going to cost her $3000 per employee.
    she says once ObamaCare is fully implemented she will be forced to lay people off and doesn't think she can run the business without the necessary employees.
    2-3 grand per employee if you dont provide health care to them.

Doesnt sound like a very good place to work. 64 employees and they dont offer health insurance.... must all be part time workers or something. Im sure the government will work out a way for employers to get by without having to provide insurance to their employees.... they have done it up till now.... and I dont see that changing.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Doesnt sound like a very good place to work. 64 employees and they dont offer health insurance.... must all be part time workers or something. Im sure the government will work out a way for employers to get by without having to provide insurance to their employees.... they have done it up till now.... and I dont see that changing.
    One of the main problems with our healthcare industry in this country is that we have left health care insurance up to employers. If health care insurance was not part of our payment package there would have been much more competition between insurers.

But Oboma gave me a PHONE man a PHONE. He cares about us society suckers.

What about the fact that thier is a Black man in power and alot of other people that see only color are very happy about this and are gonna keep that color in power.

Employers started offering to pay peoples Blue Cross/Blue Shield as an inducement to come work for them. Thats how employers got into providing health insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield started at a college and spread like wild fire across the country. It cost 50-80 dollars a month for catastrophic health care. You paid for minor and ordinary doctor visits. Then the government saw a good thing and broke it up as a monopoly. We've been screwed since.

Quote Originally Posted by spliskin View Post
    Employers started offering to pay peoples Blue Cross/Blue Shield as an inducement to come work for them. Thats how employers got into providing health insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield started at a college and spread like wild fire across the country. It cost 50-80 dollars a month for catastrophic health care. You paid for minor and ordinary doctor visits. Then the government saw a good thing and broke it up as a monopoly. We've been screwed since.
    Yup, but it actually started durning WW2 when they had wage controls in place, simply because employers could not offer people more money. So they got offered more money and health insurance. Current mess can be traced back to that, and the HMO act under, nixon I think.

I for one am glad that employers offer health insurance. I think it makes it a lot easier than having to go out yourself and try and find a good plan and I like that its taken out of the check a little at a time.

I dont think the government should be able to force people to have insurance....but I also dont believe that those who refuse to carry it should be taken care of the same as those who do pay out for it.

Emergency room care and then dump their asses back onto the street.

Doctors, insurance, the pharmacutical companies....... they are all hand in hand bleeding us dry.

We are no longer patients and the medical industry is no longer about healing...... We are repeat customers....... Same as the auto dealer who sold you your car wants you back in for maintenance....same as in our industry....... keep you coming back so often and they will eventually find something wrong.

New pills.....let me refer you to this place.......come back in 4 months.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    But Oboma gave me a PHONE man a PHONE. He cares about us society suckers.

What about the fact that thier is a Black man in power and alot of other people that see only color are very happy about this and are gonna keep that color in power.
    WOW. What a statement.

64 employees, House cleaning service I bet. She should be more concerned with INS deporting her employees rather than having to offer health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    64 employees, House cleaning service I bet. She should be more concerned with INS deporting her employees rather than having to offer health insurance.
    Dosnt any one ever think about some one besides them selves. This isue dosn't even make sence. Think about it where dose the money to cover this come from. Weather or not you realise it the employer dosnt pay it he dosnt pay any thing the customer dose and if the custamer thinks he is to exspensive, is he going to pay. If enough don't pay then employer gose bankrup (unless you'r GM). Put it this way if it wasn't for injecting beef with drugs hamburger would be $8.00 per pound. Would u spend that for hamburger. Just take you'r gross pay + the insurance now add in workmans comp. Then on the employers side all the other fees. By the time you'r done a person making $15 an hr and the employer making $20 an hr + all the insurance on you and him he has to charge the custamer close to $70 an hr. On top of it we havnt hit on adminastrative fees. Lets put it this way the more the employer has to pay the more the customer pays so who pays in the end? Think about it. Oh and if you want take you'r obama phone call some one in the middle class and ask them how they like paying for you'r phone bill.

it's nice to see you're keeping up with friends of friends of friends of friends of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

I doubt that the $3,000 is for total coverage more than likely this is additional to what she already pays for her employees insurance.

We have a Cadillac plan and it is going to cost us more, we just do not know how much more.