better security for truck at work and at home

i'm writing this on my decrepit laptop, half the keys don't work. i'm doing this because last night my service truck was broken into again, all the comm electronics were taken...2nd time... it doesn't seem to matter how good my security is and it was the best, supposedly. outside of dogs or installing a couple of spring guns what can i do..
    i was able to do today's job and service and billing paper was done with old work orders etc.. last night cost me about 4000 dollars. the back of the van is a hard target and wasn't touched but the van passenger door security electronics obviously were bypassed. any help would very much be appreciated.
    the truck is a 2011 chevy half ton, nothing special just a reliable service truck.

I think one of the best preventions of theft is to not leave anything valuable in visible sight. If a thief can't see anything of interest, or of potential interest, then they would be less inclined to break into a vehicle. Especially if the vehicle has visible security.

I would go with a pager alarm system with a LOUD siren. Then install these on the doors.
    Name:  pucklock.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  21.8 KB
    We call them the "Crackhead" Locks. My boss put them on his truck after some low life broke into it at the Hospital when he was saying good bye to his Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    I would go with a pager alarm system with a LOUD siren. Then install these on the doors.
    Name:  pucklock.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  21.8 KB
    We call them the "Crackhead" Locks. My boss put them on his truck after some low life broke into it at the Hospital when he was saying good bye to his Mother.
    This always worries me. There is another tech who works for another company who lives behind me, and his truck was broken into a few months ago his ladders were stolen off the top of the truck as well. I always worry that im next, I to drive a Chevy 2011, and have a lot of tools in the truck. I think if it gets broken into, Ill just call the cops get a report and give it to the boss then have there insurance pay for the stolen tools.

Core tools come inside with me everynight for the Lab to watch. Other valuables get locked up in the side doors of the KUV with the bar that locks all of those doors. It would make a lot of rakcket to get them open. I unplug my GPS and on call phone cors so they aren't glowing. Also installed a halogen light above my garage and back right up to it, as well as the motion activated porch light.

I'm really liking the crackhead lock, though...

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    Motion senser halogen lights with infrared cameras. Or tie part of your widow maker to it and let them be the ground. Cattle fence generator?
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.