Need to replace my backup heating system, which option is more efficient?

Currently I have a Hydrokenetix Thermal Storage unit as my backup heating source for my heat pump. The tank is leaking so I am looking for the best cost efficient system to replace it with. I was told strip heater would be a good choice. Besides fossil fuel systems, what else is there? THANKS

Besides fossil fuel you could use a the electric strip heat you mentioned or a low temp heat pump(like a daikin altherma or another air to water heat pump) but since you are backing up a heat pump strip heat is it without using a fossil fuel. You could do a ground source heat pump and size it so no backup is needed, or with with propane(I assume there is no natural gas available) Which fuel is best is going to depend on your electric rates and how much you are paying for propane but typically electric will cost less since propane can fluctuate greatly vs being a regulated utility like electric.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Satisfied View Post
    Currently I have a Hydrokenetix Thermal Storage unit as my backup heating source for my heat pump. The tank is leaking so I am looking for the best cost efficient system to replace it with. I was told strip heater would be a good choice. Besides fossil fuel systems, what else is there? THANKS
    SOLAR works great for me.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities