Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ingersoll rand

ingersoll rand

Anybody ever gotten a job at Trane after applying through the corporate website (ingersoll rand). Is there a way to follow up? I guess the old face to face is a thing of the past unless you know someone can't drop in and ask to speak with a manager.

It's gotten pretty ridiculous. The Area Svc. Mgr. will ask you to apply online.

knowing the offices in my area and their characters it seem the corp people are forcing service groups to hire from apprentices to control and lead techs.then you'll get tagged with " that is the IR guy we had to hire" same deal with JCI/YORK and their crazy career site and numereous titles for HVAC guys
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Anybody ever gotten a job at Trane after applying through the corporate website (ingersoll rand). Is there a way to follow up? I guess the old face to face is a thing of the past unless you know someone can't drop in and ask to speak with a manager.
    Which office did you apply to?

When I transferred between Trane offices I still had to fill out an on-line application, even though I already worked for the company and I had already made contact with someone at the new office.

Even if you have a face to face meeting with someone, you'll still have to fill out the on-line app, just for paperwork's sake.

I tried to apply to miromar (Miami) office. When i did the computer gave me some mumbo jumbo about seeing if any positions fit my resume. Sooooo i am not sure if i applied for a specific position or just to the company in general. I am grasping at straws here after recently being turned down by a Trane franchise where i live now for lack of chiller experience at least that is what i was told.

I tried to apply to miromar (Miami) office. When i did the computer gave me some mumbo jumbo about seeing if any positions fit my resume. Sooooo i am not sure if i applied for a specific position or just to the company in general. I am grasping at straws here after recently being turned down by a Trane franchise where i live now for lack of chiller experience at least that is what i was told.
    How long ago was this?

That message you got is a standard reply. They're just letting you know they received your application. If they are interested they will call you or email you to set up a phone call.

I know Trane in Miramar (Miami) had a job posting earlier this year, but after I transferred in May I thought they took the posting down. They aren't exactly very busy right now. I know this because I have good friends there that I keep in touch with.

It was about 4-5 days ago. I gave about hope getting a job with ft Myers Trane. So I'm branching out. I saw two job listings. One for miramar and one in Jacksonville.

It was about 4-5 days ago. I gave about hope getting a job with ft Myers Trane. So I'm branching out. I saw two job listings. One for miramar and one in Jacksonville.

I am a little surprised Miramar posted a job for another HVAC tech, but they are expecting 2 guys to retire in the next year. 4-5 days isn't that long ago. It may take up to another week for them to get back to you. If it's been 2 more weeks and you haven't heard anything, send me a PM and I can give you an email address so you can contact HR directly.

I'm pretty sure the Trane in Ft. Myers is the Tampa Bay Trane franchise. I don't know about JAX.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Trane in Ft. Myers is the Tampa Bay Trane franchise. I don't know about JAX.
    You're right about Ft. Myers/Tampa, still franchise.

JAX is company owned and is part of Trane Florida, which includes Miami and Orlando.

Got an email today from infers ill rand for one of the positions I applied for saying I will be contacted. Wish me luck

I've applied at Trane probably 10+ times and have been turned down for everything from sales counter to controls and HVAC. I figured 12 yrs in the field and I could at least get my foot in the door but not yet. Maybe my résumé just isn't cutting it. Good luck OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.

I got another email saying position is no longer available. That was Jacksonville I never heard a word about miromar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast