Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime77 View Post
    Why? Is that not how you are suppossed to check a flame sensor? Will it ruin the meter like that?
    The joke was that it only worked with my meter in the circuit so I could have just left it there.

That would sure puzzle the next tech that liked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    The joke was that it only worked with my meter in the circuit so I could have just left it there.

That would sure puzzle the next tech that liked at it.
    Lol I take this stuff way too serious man.

Lol I take this stuff way too serious man.
    That's why I added the little whistling emoticon. Showing sarcasm.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

I remember back in my 20's I needed a flame sensor, now @61 the only flame I have is on my stove.........
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

I sometimes wonder how many "bad" boards were actually just a corrupted connection that was "fixed" when the new connectios were made to the new board.
    X2 I fixed an intermittent issue with a fireplace piezo 2 days ago, after 4 other techs were there, by fully plugging the connector in!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ran into samething yesterday that through me off right in front of the customer. I make a call for heat and the HSI lights the burners for about 2 to 3 seconds then the gas valve drops out. So presume the flame sensor is dirty, but wanted to check its output, so I put my meter in series with the sensor and wire, which on this furnace goes directly to the board. The micro amp readingon my meter fluctuated from I believe it was .1 to .2, but the thing that was wierd to me was the burners stayed lit this time. So I hooked it back up with out the meter and gas valve drops out. I cleaned the flame sensor up real good, only because my company doesnt have any stocked on my truck or I would have replaced it, and works fine now. That is the way I was taught to check them, and didnt know exactly what my reading was suppossed to be but it seemed low and I was pretty sure the flame sensor was the issue.
    I had a similar experience with a Ruud unit. On the 80 percent units you might try reversing the polarity. This has worked for me twice now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123