+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wisdom teeth removed

Post Likes

Wisdom teeth removed

Yesterday I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. All 4 were impacted but the bottom right was severely infected.

Today I sit around and do nothing but eat soup and watch TV.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have pain medicine. This sucks!

You think I'll be ready for work on Monday? It's just 20 maintenance's at a building close to home?

Any tips?

Post Likes
    How old are you? I had mine out last year when I was 30 and had 2 impacted. I tried to come back on Monday but the pain was so severe I ended up taking the whole week. Surgeon said the nature of what we do causes higher blood pressure which makes your mouth throb. It really sucks. Hope you have Netflix or you'll die of boredom!

Post Likes

Hope I can make it thru the week. I have no time off and bills to pay.

Its a warranty maintenance on 20 or so units. It'll be a 2 day maintenance at least.

Post Likes
    I had a hard time just riding in and walking around. My brother in law on the other hand went back to doing everything normal within a couple days. Seems like everyone is different.

Post Likes
    im 24 and the pain comes knocking every once in a while i had x rays about a year ago and was told my wisdom teeth are right there trying to pop out. im scared ima be due for mine to be removed. i hear horror stories of the pain. hope it goes smooth.

Post Likes
    That's the reason I had mine taken out. One got infected pretty bad and I couldn't shake it. Had to go to the hospital go get it taken care of. The pain wasn't so bad when I was just laying around but when I got moving around is when it really hurt. Loratab wouldn't touch it either.

Post Likes
    38, got bottom and lower DENTURES, got my lower a month ago after they pulled my 7 front teeth I had left. Had it done on a Thursday, took off Friday and back at work Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Don't lift anything till the stitches come out, I popped mine trying to put a WSHP on a hand truck. The dentist restiched me up with no pain killer as he was pissed.

Post Likes
    So how did today go?

Post Likes
    Aurgghhh! I hate being reminded of this. I'm 39 now, and they have been telling me for over 15 years I need to have all 4 pulled.
    Everyone I have ever saw who had it done looked so damn miserable, I just don't want to go through it!

Post Likes
    I had my 4 taken out in March, I am 31 and I was back to doing stuff with the wife and kids that afternoon. It all depends on different factors, my wifes cousin had hers out and had dry socket and was in pain for 2 weeks. Good luck

Post Likes
    Mine taken out at 21 in Navy. Just so happens that I took a hit of acid that weekend which was a great pain killer. I know too much info.

Post Likes
    What a trip that must have been

Post Likes
    I had 2 out when I was eighteen and don't think I was out of it for more than a day or two. The next set was when I was 28 and one was impacted. So 3 had to come out that day. The oral surgeon said that this may hurt a little. I told him that if it hurt that I was going to rip the arm off the chair and stab him with it. He turned around, loaded up another siringe, and stabbed my mouth until there was nothing. Again, don't remember it taking more than the weekend before I went back to work.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    I had to have a tooth yanked a few years ago, roots was wrapped around it... anyhow it was pretty bad with the doctor practically climbing up onto my lab to get that sucker out.

He gae me pain pills right then and there and told me to take two.... and also gave me a prescription for 20 more.

Before I could even think about taking any more pain pills one of my relatives.... think it was my sisters boy cause they were over that evening....stole my pain pills.

I just had to gobble regular tylenol and sleep as much as possible. No way I could call the doc and tell him someone in my family stole my pain pills.....

But of course in todays world...while they probably couldnt do anything about that.... I know they would probably believe me.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Do the rinses and specific care as instructed , you do not want a dry socket. Repeat , you do not want a dry socket.

Post Likes
    I developed a horrible toothache back in my 20's - had all four wisdom teeth pulled. Spent the next two weeks in agony, pain & swelling.

The genius oral surgeon eventually figured out I had an impacted molar all along with which was causing the problem. Nobody looked any further than the wisdom teeth. He pulled the molar and I was good to go.

That was a bad month.

Post Likes
    Rinse mouth with strong drink like burbon and it will ease pain, oral anestetic.

Post Likes
    I was born without the buds for any wisdom teeth. Hooray for mutation! Sadly, my application to be "Smartass-born-without-wisdom-teeth Man" was rejected by the X-Men.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in