Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

DIY
    Fishing for info

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Lol, whats wrong with asking for info? Whats wrong with helping someone being informed for when a tech comes in, he can tell him a few things to inform the tech, as to avoid complications as I've had? Or to see that a tech comes in and says my system is only a 1 heat with no cool, only to find out its something completely different? At least then I would know not to call the guy again, or boot him out the door before he completes any work.

Bold assumption kamersoutdoor, considering I've got proof from this thread that the last tech that came in was wrong about saying my setup is a 3h/2c setup, when it isn't.

There is info all around the web to obtain, if I'd be looking for a DIY site, I would of went to a forum that allows it. Since I was only looking for info, this is where I came, and I've learned a few small things, but nothing as thorough as a DIY.

Very rude assumption sir, please next time you post something as idiotic as that, think of what you are saying. How so very nonconstructive.

People as socially ignorant as you kamersoutdoor really makes me believe society is degrading and getting dumber as time goes on.

Please others excuse my rudeness, but I can't get over people like him. My sincere apologies.

Good day

Good chance not many techs are familiar with your indoor unit, and could easily be confused by it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Good chance not many techs are familiar with your indoor unit, and could easily be confused by it.
    Its just got a different configuration of strip heat....
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Its just got a different configuration of strip heat....
    Doesn't it also have a hydro coil in it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Doesn't it also have a hydro coil in it.
    Hydro coils are common in Canada. I don't know who the OP has had working on his thermostat, but they are not HVAC professionals. Also, what's with the questions about variable speed controls on the thermostat?

Why would someone who has so much distrust for HVAC professionals come onto this site to ask obviously uninformed questions about their new thermostat that was supposedly installed by a professional?

This is a typical case of someone buying a thermostat and not knowing what to do with it now that they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Hydro coils are common in Canada. I don't know who the OP has had working on his thermostat, but they are not HVAC professionals. Also, what's with the questions about variable speed controls on the thermostat?

Why would someone who has so much distrust for HVAC professionals come onto this site to ask obviously uninformed questions about their new thermostat that was supposedly installed by a professional?

This is a typical case of someone buying a thermostat and not knowing what to do with it now that they have it.
    Be careful, he'll call you names

Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Be careful, he'll call you names

At this stage of my life, I think I can pretty much say to anyone who calls me any name that I've been called worse by better people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123