Thread: In a bind...

Post Likes

In a bind...

I know your not supposed to post DIY's, sorry. Didn't figure that out till right now...

First off, I have this digital Honeywell TH3210D. Manual: http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...0Guide%20(.pdf

-It's a heat pump stat, and I a regular a/c unit (no heat pump)...
    -I'd like to use it and not have to fork out the extra dough since things are tight.
    -Obviously my old stat was hooked up with a 1-2 jumper (terminal label) and a RGYW format...
    -This one here I hooked up R G Y and L for heat (Emergency heat on thermostat switch)(no jumper)

I just want to know if I did good in a McGyver sort of way, It seems to be working fine, and the compressor isn't comming on when heat is one since I have it on the emer. heat switch... The only reason I want to use it is my bi-metal stat seems pretty tired and inaccurate. And it was a freebie from my job that has a heat pump unit. I just don't want to run into any problems when i start running the heat... The manual recommends 9 cycles per hour on emergency heat and 5 on auxillary heat with the heat pump on if i had one... does anything stand out to you?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cseara88 View Post
    I know your not supposed to post DIY's, sorry. Didn't figure that out till right now...

First off, I have this digital Honeywell TH3210D. Manual: http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...0Guide%20(.pdf

-It's a heat pump stat, and I a regular a/c unit (no heat pump)...
    -I'd like to use it and not have to fork out the extra dough since things are tight.
    -Obviously my old stat was hooked up with a 1-2 jumper (terminal label) and a RGYW format...
    -This one here I hooked up R G Y and L for heat (Emergency heat on thermostat switch)(no jumper)

I just want to know if I did good in a McGyver sort of way, It seems to be working fine, and the compressor isn't comming on when heat is one since I have it on the emer. heat switch... The only reason I want to use it is my bi-metal stat seems pretty tired and inaccurate. And it was a freebie from my job that has a heat pump unit. I just don't want to run into any problems when i start running the heat... The manual recommends 9 cycles per hour on emergency heat and 5 on auxillary heat with the heat pump on if i had one... does anything stand out to you?
    Yes as matter of fact.

Attention to detail.

Thread closed
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in