Views: 89
Size:  31.4 KBName:  DSC05077.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  39.5 KBName:  DSC05078.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  30.2 KBName:  DSC05079.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  33.5 KB

here are some of the pictures. I am thinking of removing the water pipe, the duct tape and try to open it up as I have done it a few days ago. Then, I will try to remove the evaporator carefully so that the gas pipe/chemical pipe that is connected with the outdoor condensor won't get broken or bend tooo much ending up more hazardous situation.
    What do you think? I need some information. This is a central air Air conditioner and Heater Unit for sure. Does the air pass through the filter or not is my main concern.
    Thanks a lot in advanced!
    Michael

Don't take this the wrong way, but I would be more fearful of that flue than the insulation. It looks to me it is about to rust through...

I don't see any issues.
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

shoot..it looks better than I thought it would.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Ductwork looks fine, I wouldn't reccomend removing the coil you will only make things worse. The filter cleans the air as it enters the furnace then distributes it through the furnace then cooling coil then ductwork and into the house. Like GT said I would be worried about the vent off the furnace. Have a company come out and do a combustion analysis to make sure it is safe as soon as possible. Make sure and get some LOW LEVEL carbon monoxide detectors such as this http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute....mer%20Products Do NOT rely on ones sold at home improvement stores bc they only alert to high levels that are maintained for long periods of time. Children are the first to be affected by CO, it is not an item to skimp on when you have gas appliances/heat or attached garage.

<quote>The filter cleans the air as it enters the furnace then distributes it through the furnace then cooling coil then ductwork and into the house</quote>
    first of all, thank you everyone but the valueable information. but one last concern for confirmation. the filter only filters/cleans the air coming from the house, right? and the filter is down below. the problem of concern is the problematic insulation particles that is around the evaporator coil. which i should have totally removed it when the technician was doing the work. http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...nditioners.htm . So, the air is being filtered then to the cooling coil ($around which there are decades of dirt and fungi) then through ductwork and into the house. am i wrong? Thanks for your patience and time!

you are right ,the air goes thru return air grill to the filter then thru the furnace/evaporator coil.if it has decades of dirt and fungi then its time to have it all replaced,maaybe someone on here close to you can recommend someone in your area,you need uv light as well as a new evap coil,condensing unit and furnace ,and maybe new ductwork.

I know what you are thinking and no they aren't going to cover that.

they may have to spend some money to be totally satisfied and feel confident in your/there indoor air quality,if you truly want a good clean system then bite the bullet and come up with the money and spend it with a reputable contractor,and no i dont think the home warranty will pay for that.you cant expect them too,they just warranty the proper operation of the existing system.from what i have been reading this customer wants the best for his family,and i dont blame him but he may be expecting more from the warranty than they will give ,he has to decide for himself if the expense is worth it or not.

with home warranty we just replaced the condensing unit and the evaporator coil. it seems like, the furnace isn't in the list to replace since it still functions fine. after all, i have to blame to myself since i should have removed the dirt with fungi filled insulation around the evaporator coil when the technician was removing the evaporator coil. he said, he'll do his best and when i asked him about the new tech insulation attached to the cover of the evaporator coil that comes with the evaporator coil, he said, "it is only for new installation" and not for replacing. so he took it home. the last time i met him, he said, he threw it and they don't have the same kind of cover. i don't want to act like a teenager in here so i'll just have to swallow it and let it go. he seems to be a nice guy but i guess he's got other job to take care of to feed his family. anyhow, i learnt a lesson thro this experience. people take advantage of people in one way or another and when you do something, stay right there until the job is done. back then, i had to get to work so i left the aftermath with my brother in law who wasn't very into details or perhaps he didn't feel like it was his.
    finally, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for the time and concern through your precious comments. I do really appreciate it. You all have a great life and I hope you have another wonderful week! God bless!
    Sincerely Yours,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    buzhall

Please review the AOP Forum rules.
    Ok thanks, did I break a rule here?

From the AOP forum rules.

THE ONLY PEOPLE allowed to REPLY in the Owner Assistance Forums will be a Pro Member with a * by their user title and the one who started the thread. No others may post a reply.

To read all of the AOP rules, click on the AOP rules link in JP's sig.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12