Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    that some sneaky cat sold out my (and others) email addresses. Whoever it was, please tell me your email address so I can forward you all the CRAP I have been getting from people trying to sell me sheit. I hope your proud of yourself and made a few freakin bucks. Dont spend it all in one spot.

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

coˇEed  /ˈkoʊˈɛd, -ˌɛd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[koh-ed, -ed] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

ˇVnoun 1. a female student in a coeducational institution, esp. in a college or university.

Lusker, why do you call me this?

Anyway, I keep getting comfort tech email spam and a bunch of other junk associated with the trades. Never got any spam before. Never gave out my email address either.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

OK lusker, maybe Im being too paranoid. I always trust my hunches though, they have never lied to me. You can delete this thread if you wish.
    -- Confucius

I am not doubting you... Just said that I don't get that stuff..

I'm sending this link to The Ed.. I really can't see them doing anything with the email addresses but maybe he can explain some of the Ctech stuff..

Re: How bout

Coolwhip --

Is all the Spam coming from HVAC manufacturers and vendors? If so, here's why.

The registration list for Comfortech is made available to the exhibitors as part of the cost of their booth. This is standard practice for trade shows. The exhibitors are allowed to use that list 1 time only. The list is seeded with the email address of people on my staff so we will know if they use it more than once.

Having said that, there were more than 300 exhibitors at Comfortech. It is possible that you will receive 300 emails. (though not everyone takes advantage of that).

It's not intended as SPAM, though I understand why you'd look at it that way. It's one way the manufacturers justify the tremendous expense of exhibiting and sponsoring events like Comfortech. They are paying to reach out to HVAC contractors.

I don't want this to be a negative to you.. Though at this point there isn't much I can do about it, if it is a problem, please call me and let's discuss it privately.

Why would my email address be on that registration list? I get CT spam, and a bunch of other stuff now. Including My Space spam. This all started a few weeks after CT. Never had it before. I am the only one that uses this terminal and I am a antispam lunitic.

Im just ticked because I am very careful about these things. That address is only known to my customers, a few friends, and this site. Now I have to change it. I enjoyed many moons without recieving spam and those days are over.

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I know you guys are busy. Whats done is done. I will wash my desk top, change my address and my business cards.

Thanks Lusker & Editor!

[Edited by coolwhip on 10-18-2006 at 09:00 AM]
    -- Confucius

CW:

Your email would only be on that registration list if you provided it when you registered. If you didn't provide it, then the spam isn't coming as a result of Ctech.

if you passed your cards out at the show and the cards had the email on it, bam! they got it.

Interesting thing about the MySpace spam: I've never been there myself and yet i too am now getting spammed by them, daily. Not sure how they got my address.

I did not provide my address to anyone at CT, or pass out any cards. My friend had an emergency and we had to leave town before the show even started. This is why Im baffled.

No worries, I will take care of it. Thanks again!!
    -- Confucius

It's the only mail he gets, you would think he would be glad.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I'll get you for that Dice.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast