Thread: CCN to AX

CCN to AX

Does ayone know if I can use my CCN/USB (Network Service Tool) adapter to connect to a CCN Network to set up a job in AX on my laptop or if a Jace already needs to have the CCN Network connected locally.

I never had any luck with the CCN USB adapter, but I believe I got my regular RS-485 adapter to work with AX on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    Does ayone know if I can use my CCN/USB (Network Service Tool) adapter to connect to a CCN Network to set up a job in AX on my laptop or if a Jace already needs to have the CCN Network connected locally.
    I asked the question about a BACnet converter, RS232 to RS485, and I was told by tech support that the RS232 port on a computer did not work with the Niagara Framework. I called after I had tried for hours trying to get it to work, I was convinced that I was doing something wrong.

Shovelhead

I have a demo Jace that I got licensed with CCN driver. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do CCN in AX.

What CCN driver did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    I asked the question about a BACnet converter, RS232 to RS485, and I was told by tech support that the RS232 port on a computer did not work with the Niagara Framework.
    USB-485 or USB-Serial definitely works on a PC with Niagara ... not all UBS-serial are well behaved though.
    MSTP on a PC with Niagara over USB-anything doesnt work.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Licensed for ccn and ccn1. On site now and can't discover any devices through Jace. Devices do show up on CCN Service Tool.