Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hate suspense

Quote Originally Posted by nismo1 View Post
    I hate suspense
    The issue was not in any service or installation manual......

well, only thing I can think of is if you moved it closer to the inlet, it was sucking air in from the cabinet creating turbulence that was keeping the pilot from lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    well, only thing I can think of is if you moved it closer to the inlet, it was sucking air in from the cabinet creating turbulence that was keeping the pilot from lighting.
    Good thinking but nope....you would have to see the housing. It would be next to impossable to draw air from the burner cabinet..unless the motor was going backwards

well then... gonna have to have another crown and coke waiting this one out.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

It turns out that on some of these units the rigid pilot air tube was too close to the center of the burner motor housing so too much air was being forced into the tube when the blower wheel is centered in the housing. just moving the wheel a hair to compensate would eliminate this problem. Replaced many of these motors and wheels before and have never had this.....many hours burt on this one but at least it working.

Good ol ENG A. A fella and I had cleaned up the burner and accessories on a direct fired mua. It was doing the same thing. Turns out he had hit one of the differential air pressure tubes. It would attempt ignition, the pilot solenoid would open but no cigar. Makes troubleshooting a little difficult at times.

you dropped down the combustion air through pilot assembly, i have also put a #10 screw into rubber pilot hose to cure this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12