I have a very small "server room" that has a heat load requirement of at least 1.5 tons of cooling. Would like to put a 3 ton unit if possible.

Here is the challenge. The room measures 8' x 10' x 10'high. it has a 3' x 3' hatch in the ceiling that needs to be free and clear. The room is made of 12" thick concrete walls and is on the lower level of two levels. The customer would like to condition the room, however there is absolutely no way that a remote condenser can be placed outside of the room. I have considered Data-Aire and Liebert Mini Mate package units ducting the condenser intake and discharge, however the clearance requirements around these units seem to impede on the hatch.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a unit that can fit the requirements asked by my customer. I just need suggestions, i will do the footwork needed.

Thank You

Why cant the condenser be placed at a remote location? It seems like you have room to duct the condenser heat out of the room.
    Wouldn't a couple of refrigerant lines also fit?

another option would be water coooled.

How about a Waste Water Mini Mate or Data mate. They may have a high water bill, but I have seen alot of them in lower level areas with thick concrete walls.

Originally posted by hvac spec nv
    Why cant the condenser be placed at a remote location? It seems like you have room to duct the condenser heat out of the room.
    Wouldn't a couple of refrigerant lines also fit?
    The customer would much rather see louvers on the outside of the building than a condensing unit. The site is located at the top of a ski lift just below the ski lift operators building. Has to be aesthetically pleasing. That is the reason i was looking at a self contained unit such as Liebert's Mini Mate.

If the temperatures outside reaches below freezing temperatures, do i have to have a modulating damper in order to avoid introducing "too" cold air across the coil?

I would consider a Daikin inverter unit. these things are really nice. with the inverter, you can run down to about twenty percent capacity, low ambient down to plus five is standard, they make almost zero noise, 16 seer. im sure you could find a spot for a condenser rather than saw cutting twelve inch concrete for ducted condenser air!

Liebert air cooled with P66 fan control

Get a Liebert air cooled mini-mate with the evap and compressor sections close coupled, then duct the condenser air in and out of your blockhouse. Get their air cooled condenser with the P66 fan control, not the Lee-Temp one. Be sure you install it in such a way that you can get to the condenser coil to clean it.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Have you considered a "Bard" wall mounted unit such as is used on mobile jobsite trailers? You will probably have to build something to hide it, but that shoudn't be a problem.