Honeywell TH5220D1003

Confused Honeywell TH5220D1003

Hey everyone. Great forum !

What brings me here is some questions about my thermostat. I was going through the installer setup menu and checking all the settings so I could record them in case of a battery issue or something erased the settings. The problem arises when I start seeing menu settings that are not mentioned in the manual that came with it. For instance the manual shows installer setup menu items 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 12, 14, 15, 26, 27, and 28.

Option one is set to 5

Two is set to 0

it skips 3, 4, 5. Then

Option 6 shows a setting of 9

Then it jumps to option 8 which is not even shown in the manual.
    Option 8 is set to 3. But there are 12 settings for option 8. This is confusing.

Option 9 is set to 3

option 12 is set to 0

option 14 is set to 0

option 15 is set to 5

option 26 is set to 1

then of course option 27 and 28 are just set to the upper and lower limits.

This is installed on a Trane XL16c 4WCZ6036A1000A unit.

Basically what I am asking is are these the correct settings, and where do I find what these menu options that do not appear in the setup manual are ?

https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...69-1923EFS.pdf

Because when you set Option 1 to number 5, those other settings do not apply.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

I am still interested to know what option 8 is for, since in the manual is skips from 7 to 9. There is no option 8 listed.

So does anyone have a complete list of the options for this thermostat ? I am interested in a more complete understanding of all its settings. And also what settings will match my unit.

do you have the box that it came with there is a installation instruction list (white folded papers not the red booklet) that has the programs. Or you can look it up on honeywells site. I can let you know later.

There is an app on the App Store and android market called RTFM thermostats that has just about all the install manuals for all thermostats including yours (on the paid version of app) I think it costs 2 or 3$

8, is emergency heat cycle rate.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

That s a two stage unit ,return that thermostat and get a contractor to install and correctly set up the thermostat as you need a 3 heat 2 cool thermostat to work the unit properly
    We really need change now

Wow amazing.. 3 heat/2 cool. I got the unit used at an estate sale. I was told the therm and unit were an original package deal. Thanks for the info. So the Trane had all its paperwork. But the thermostat was just sitting on top of it. The manual for it I got offline.