Existing home, full system replacement. Do I signoff on this equipment?

Greetings all. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Been following for a while and will try to post all relevant info but i'm sure I'll miss something so ask away.

I'm the homeowner and getting ready to contract a full system replacement of several 15-year old rheem systems. Home is in Texas, built in late nineties. We've done a load calc and feel good about the tonnage, SEER, AFUE, etc. The ducts from the plenum to the vents will be checked and replaced as necessary. We're plugging in a few additional returns and reassigning a few supplies. So, the guts are good.

Furnaces are in the attic and horizontal.

What I need is to confirm or poke holes in the equipment list...here it is:

5 ton
    TUD2C100ACV52A furnace
    4TXFH063C23 coil
    4TTZ0060 condenser
    TCONT900 stat
    Aprilaire 5000 filtration

4 ton
    TUD2C08CC3 furnace
    4TXCC008CC3 coil
    4TTZ0048 condenser
    TCONT900 stat
    Aprilaire 5000 filtration

Questions:
    1. Why didn't the contractor select the TUD2C080ACV42A for the 4 ton furnace?
    2. Is the TCONT900 a good choice or should we consider one of the Honeywell IAQ units?

Thanks again.

That furnace model # isn't right. Is it an 080 furnace? If so you would need the 4 ton drive: AUD2C080ACV42A. Don't let him use the 3 ton. Hopefully a typo. Otherwise some very nice equipment. I'd much prefer the 5000 over the Accuclean.

The 900 series communicates with the XC80 so it would be better to use than an IAQ.

Thanks Loonie,

I assume the AUD and TUD models are just American Standard vs. Trane, is that right? So the TUD2C080ACV42A is what I need for the 4 ton system. And which coil should be matched with that?

Sure appreciate your input.

Sorry, old habit! We're a long time American Standard dealer.

Yes, the 008 coil will give 17.25. Only way to do better is a horizontal 63 coil at 17.75. That's the horizontal coil proposed for the 5 ton.