+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Permit question: Pulling extra circuit for a/c

Post Likes

Permit question: Pulling extra circuit for a/c

I installed a new a/c system from scratch to handle an enclosed garage plus a couple other rooms and I need an electrician to pull a couple circuits to my equipment. Sparky is telling me that since the existing elect. panel is in a bedroom closet he will be required by the city inspector to relocate the entire panel. OMG homeowner definitely wasn't counting on an expense like that and I feel bad for not warning them before I started the job.

Is there really a rule that says the panel MUST be relocated when adding a circuit? Or is sparky just misinformed?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Post Likes
    Steve, I would call the electrical inspector myself, all inspectors in Houston will talk to all trades, and there all pretty nice and informative guys. I just did a job on an existing home "small remodel" and the electrician picked the place apart to the sum of $3500.00 for such things as the panel box was not level. I know things are tough out there for a lot of folks, but this kind of stuff is highway robbery. The HO found another sparky to do the upgrades he needed for $1200.00.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in