+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What type of world do these people live in?

Post Likes

What type of world do these people live in?

Not sure how many other guys are in house and do general maintenance on building in addition to comfort cooling. We do everything at our group of buildings and some of the stuff that you hear from tenants you say to yourself "what type of place do these people live"? I hear a rattling from the cieling, yeah thats the air handler on the roof barely can even hear the thing. "Oh my God there is a cockroach in here, oh I dont see it maybe it flew away" Well if it is flying its not a cockroach. Or "its cold in here". I wanna say lady its 73 which technically in your lease we have to provide between 68-72 so zip it, but you cant and tell them you will make some adjustments and never do. Go check in with them the next day and they say that it was perfect whatever you did worked great. Just my rant for the day.

Post Likes
    If we, as a country, continue to reward people for doing nothing, i.e; welfare, then we'll only hear more and more complaining.

Look at the countries around the world (now) as their benefits can not be continued. It's coming to the USA soon.

Post Likes
    I was referring to commercial office buildings not residential.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC-matt View Post
    I was referring to commercial office buildings not residential.
    These are the things that keep us busy and justify our jobs.

Post Likes
    Never seen a flying roach?? We've got them here!

Commercial tenants can be a pain. They seem more likely to behave "entitled", and there are a lot more people in a more confined space, and all of them want to be comfortable. So they fight over the tstat, demand comfort balancing of the system, and generally are a pita. Government tenants and unionized office workers seem to be the worst.

Post Likes
    I once worked in an office building, massive complex. I swear, once they know they have in house HVAC, they want everything done, from wall painting to carpet repairs. I once had a woman complain her area was too hot and kept a digital thermostat by her desk - it read 72, which was too hot for her. So as I'm walking away shaking my head, a woman exactly 2 cubicles down pulled me aside and said, "I don't care what SHE says, its too cold for me, I'm wearing a sweater all day and I have poor circulation and blah blah blah blah"

I lasted 6 months there. Never again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    These are the things that keep us busy and justify our jobs.
    I know and understand that, just needed to complain alittle and see what experiences other people have had.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_1963 View Post
    I once worked in an office building, massive complex. I swear, once they know they have in house HVAC, they want everything done, from wall painting to carpet repairs. I once had a woman complain her area was too hot and kept a digital thermostat by her desk - it read 72, which was too hot for her.
    We pretty much do everything that the tenants need but they get charged extra for it. We have one tenant that does the same thing, he has a digital thermometer on his desk and they will send work orders in saying they are too hot, what the temp is and the humidity. On friday it was 75 which i agree is too warm but we were trying to get away w/o running the chiller. He also put in the work order the humidity was 39% which is perfect.

Post Likes
    I worked in a shopping mall for fifteen years. I feel your pain. Thank god most tenants had their own package units. What would suck would be that whenever their shift change the skinny person who was always cold would be replaced by an over weight woman going through menopause who wanted it cold enough to hang meat in their space.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    I worked in a shopping mall for fifteen years. I feel your pain. Thank god most tenants had their own package units. What would suck would be that whenever their shift change the skinny person who was always cold would be replaced by an over weight woman going through menopause who wanted it cold enough to hang meat in their space.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC-matt View Post
    You understand my mental scars then.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Post Likes
    I hear ya man!

Had one "broom jockey" here that would put a thermometer against the outside block wall between her cubicle wall and the exterior (-20 degrees outside), then take a picture of it sitting on her desk so she could show her supervisor that it was only 50 degrees. Room sensor read 72 degrees as did the data loggers we had placed throughout the room including under her desk.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    cold enough to hang meat in their space.
    Dare I ask...
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in