+ Reply to Thread

Thread: high temp electronic valve/actuators???

Post Likes

high temp electronic valve/actuators???

We have a customer who wants to convert all of his existing pneumatically controlled 3/4", 2-way steam valves in radiators to electronic for BAS control. The existing valves are mounted inside the radiators next to the elements. The pneumatic valve heads are obviously able to withstand the ambient heat generated from the steam (not sure of the ambient temperature) but we are afraid standard electronic valve actuators will fail in due time because most seem to be rated to withstand up to approx 125degF.

Does anyone know if any high temp electronic valve/actuator assemblies are available for this application or what possibly can be done to standard electronic actuators for heat protection ?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    We've had good success on radiators with Danfoss ABNM actuators (0-10VDC signal) - they are rated to 140F (I think that's enough for your application) ...not sure of the exact model of the associated valves, but this ought to point you at the options available from Danfoss: http://na.heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF...20Brochure.pdf

Post Likes
    Belimo has a line of high temp valves also.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Belimo has a line of high temp valves also.
    I called Belimo today and the guy told me they do not have high temp valves and that their actuators are rated to 122F. Any idea on the model#. I'll double check their website. Dave, I'll look into the Danfoss valves as well. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I know Honeywell makes one that will be rated for your application. I'll have to see if I can get some numbers. The ones we use have 350 superheated water at 275 psi.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NightrainATC View Post
    I called Belimo today and the guy told me they do not have high temp valves and that their actuators are rated to 122F. Any idea on the model#. I'll double check their website. Dave, I'll look into the Danfoss valves as well. Thanks.
    It's the HTCCVs.

Apparently they only mean the valve body, wtf.... Guess I should have read the marking bs a bit closer.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    What is the reason for wanting to get rid of the pneumatic valves. It may be easier to output signal to an I2P transmitter which receives the signal from bas and converts to an pneumatic output.

Post Likes
    I've used Delta valves - deltacp.com on steam radiator applications just as you are talking about and they have a material change on the shaft to help prevent the heat from transferring up to the actuator. As long as your radiator airflow isn't blocked and the actuator is mounted to the side of the radiator and not above it the actuator shouldn't see the same temps as what is leaving the radiator.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in