Thread: Whole house humidifier issue

Post Likes

Whole house humidifier issue

Hi,

I just installed a Honeywell by pass whole house humidifier. It is install with a 24v transformer plugged into ac outlet. The wiring seems to be fine. When the furnace kicks on I hear the humidifier also click on also when I turn the humidistat from off to on I can hear a click. I have a 1/4" copper water line running to solenoid valve inlet. When I remove the tray I can see the droplets of water going into the filter but for some reason nothing is draining into the drain line. Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any assistance.

Post Likes
    The water flow might be too low. Those saddle valve sometiems don't peice the piping enough. Better to have a plumber install a T and a valve. Can't say much more than that...not a DIY site. I'm sure a good HVAC tech could get it working pretty quick.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    The water flow might be too low. Those saddle valve sometiems don't peice the piping enough. Better to have a plumber install a T and a valve. Can't say much more than that...not a DIY site. I'm sure a good HVAC tech could get it working pretty quick.
    I installed the T and valve.

Post Likes
    Trash in the solenoid valve from installation, perhaps. Happens often.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shophound View Post
    Trash in the solenoid valve from installation, perhaps. Happens often.
    Its only 2 days old.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in