Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo86 View Post
    i have seen alot of lennox with water in ventor motor normally exhuast vent drain is plugged due to how Lennox makes them
    I can definitely hear some water hitting the inducer fan blades - I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal condition for these types of furnaces so I don't have my dealer come around and tinker with something that ain't broke.

if there is water in the inducer it may go off on pressure switch sooner or later or if there is alot of water in there it will burn out the ventor motor

Just received this from my thermostat... I guess it related to water inside the inducer?

Dear icomfort user,

The icomfort system has generated a new alert. Below is some more detailed information:

Description: Low Pressure Switch Stuck Closed
    Time: 10/16/2012 12:14:00 AM
    Alarm number: 224
    Alarm value:

This alert is being sent to you by an automated system and is for informational purposes only. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored. If you have any questions, please contact LENNOX.

Thank you,

Lennox icomfort Team

no it would be stuck open if it thats the problem

Any idea what normally causes this then?

every time the switch closes it archs could be welded shut for most part the problems occur when it is stuck open

Ok thanks

call a company to come in and look at it tho even if its just a cleaning

I had the guys come out to inspect. What a waste of two visits and $$$ for "annual cleaning". On his first visit he agreed there may be an issue with water in the inducer. He removed the inducer and there was indeed water inside. He drained it and said he will "fix" it next week (I gave him the Lennox bulletin saying the furnace should slope forward towards the drain, and drain should be moved to right side if possible - he seems to dismiss that).

Comes next week to do the annual maintenance. Runs the furnace on high fire for 20 minutes. I can hear water in the inducer again. Says he doesn't have to do anything since furnace is running fine, water is draining, and no error codes were thrown. Says to call back if more error codes are thrown. Checks the filter, says its clean... that's all he does. What's the purpose of paying for this annual service? I could have done this myself.

Well, now I have been getting an E224 and E227 - although it doesn't stop the furnace from running. I'm not sure if this is just a normal intermittent thing or if I really have a problem.

I have to assume at this point some water in the inducer is normal...
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-29-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Pricing

So I think I've finally figured this out, with no help of the Lennox dealer.

Looked up the installation manual on the SLP98V. It clearly states that the vent from the condensate trap must not extend past 2" above the drain elbow. My vent was a good 15" or more. I cut it down to 2" and it the gurgling noise is now gone.

If anyone else has the same problem, check your condensate trap vent and cut it down to 2" if necessary.

yes you are correct.... 1''-2'' very important
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12