Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lennox SLP98V - Gurgling Noise

Hi,

Winter is coming and we have started using our furnace. I notice that our SLP98V has a gurgling noise at the fan inducer (sounds like water/condensate is swishing around in there). The condensate line exists from the left side of the furnace and does drain water. Is this an issue or normal course for the SLP98V?

Thanks

It's happens often, I would suggest having it serviced.

We had an issue like that with our Bryant furnaces about 15 yrs ago. I forget how it was resolved. Sorry. It should be checked.

It had something to do with the way we ran the PVC pipes.

When was your slp installed?
    Early -1's had an issue in the furnace that required the condensate line on the right side only.
    Call the service company. Which you should be doing anyways to keep your warranty valid!

It was installed in February of this year (2012).

So you haven't really run it through its paces yet then?
    I've heard that gurgling noise on almost every type of high efficiency furnace and it usually doesn't mean anything bad is going to happen. If you are using the furnace regularly now and it doesn't go away, then call for help. Otherwise I'd just sit on it for now if I were you!

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-11-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: non AOP Member

jasonhermonat

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

That furnace is very particular how the condensate drain is installed on side of furnace. If it's not installed properly by the installers you will have problems with the furnace. The vent must be installed on the drain. Like the others say, you should have it serviced every fall before startup to keep any and all warranties valid... They should have left the booklets for the furnace by it somewhere. You can even look through the book to see if they did it right. Another thing I have found that some companies have done when installing that furnace is not set it up for variable capacity heat. If you don't have a two state tstat and it's not set to variable capacity then you have wasted your money on that furnace. Just make sure they have set it up properly for you....

I had the tech come in today. He didn't know what was causing the condensation and said he needed to circle back with lennox.

Question for the pros - should the draft inducer be totally bone dry, or is it common for some condensation to accumulate inside?

It will have some condensation in it

Enough to hear?

i have seen alot of lennox with water in ventor motor normally exhuast vent drain is plugged due to how Lennox makes them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast