+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hvac forum

Post Likes

hvac forum

you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.

Post Likes
    Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

It helps to fill out your profile...

Post Likes
    Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

"Loose-sin"??

Post Likes
    i been in the trade 32 years, maybe im being to hard in on you all,and i understand the reason for not wanting to answer a diy type question,just comes across as kinda cocky to me,i mean i was reading a thread while ago and then someone posted,"moved to pro forum" i mean they was talking about what to do when work slows down.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

"Loose-sin"??
    lol how do you spell it? loosen maybe,that was my spell check trying to figure me out i guess

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buzhall View Post
    you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.
    I think you sort of answered your own question here.....

Advice we do offer via vetted Pro's in the AOP sections to the Home/Business owner "Step by Step DIY" we do not, never have, never will offer.

This sites primary purpose is to serve the professionals in the HVAC industry and IMO it does well in that regard, however as stated that is in the pro sections of the site, out of the eyes of Google and your customer.

General questions that does not endanger anyone or their equipment are allowed in the open sections of the site, should the detail get to detailed then we have a choice, close it or move it.

Simple as mud right?
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-11-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Post Likes
    have i got to 15 yet?

Post Likes
    By the Way my user name really is my real name

Post Likes
    have i got to 15 yet?
    Looks like you just did, so send in your Pro App and see what is on the other side of fence.

Post Likes
    good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post

Post Likes
    good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    and be forewarned the site is addicting, the folks here are good folks and I have met in person a bunch of them due to this connection here, matter of fact I spent some time on the tele with a member here today, very enjoyable and looking forward to meeting up with him for a beer or something.

Post Likes
    +1

Post Likes
    Just my first name : )

Post Likes
    Moved to General Discussion Forum.

Post Likes
    i been in the trade 32 years, maybe im being to hard in on you all,and i understand the reason for not wanting to answer a diy type question,just comes across as kinda cocky to me,i mean i was reading a thread while ago and then someone posted,"moved to pro forum" i mean they was talking about what to do when work slows down.
    That thread is in the general discussion forum. It was not moved to the pro forums, or you wouldn't be able to see it anymore.

Some Pro members may wish to keep their business strategy out of the public eye.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    +1
    +1

Many resources available for industry professionals on this site.

Post Likes
    Buz, welcome and good to make your acquaintenance. Doc is not my real first name. Nor is havoc my real last name. If this thread was in the Pro's section, locked away from the prying public eye, I would tell you my real name is Torry Jeranek. Crap, now its on the world wide web. All kidding aside (that is my real name though), I think many on here use a screen name to avoid potential conflict at their place of work, with irate customers, or because they are listed in their local phone book and don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry calling them at home because they saw their name on this forum, instead of contacting through the company they work for. I'm sure there's other reasons as well (witness protection?).
    Wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

In your darkest hour, when the demons come, call on me brother and we shall fight them together.

A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Looks like you just did, so send in your Pro App and see what is on the other side of fence.
    And remember, Wednesday is your night in the pickle barrel.

Post Likes
    Most people come for the good info and advise not to help homeowners fix there systems and screw there contractor, and the homeowner in some way gets there money back through a service they provide. I come here because I'd say 90% of these guys are way smarter than me so I just read what they say and learn, also it's pretty hard to hold a hvac conversation with my wife. I show her a picture of my work and all I get is " ah ok?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    who / me in the pickle barrel?i been in alot of pickles thats fer sure
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    And remember, Wednesday is your night in the pickle barrel.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in