Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hvac forum

hvac forum

you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.

Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

It helps to fill out your profile...

Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

"Loose-sin"??

i been in the trade 32 years, maybe im being to hard in on you all,and i understand the reason for not wanting to answer a diy type question,just comes across as kinda cocky to me,i mean i was reading a thread while ago and then someone posted,"moved to pro forum" i mean they was talking about what to do when work slows down.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

"Loose-sin"??
    lol how do you spell it? loosen maybe,that was my spell check trying to figure me out i guess

Quote Originally Posted by buzhall View Post
    you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.
    I think you sort of answered your own question here.....

Advice we do offer via vetted Pro's in the AOP sections to the Home/Business owner "Step by Step DIY" we do not, never have, never will offer.

This sites primary purpose is to serve the professionals in the HVAC industry and IMO it does well in that regard, however as stated that is in the pro sections of the site, out of the eyes of Google and your customer.

General questions that does not endanger anyone or their equipment are allowed in the open sections of the site, should the detail get to detailed then we have a choice, close it or move it.

Simple as mud right?
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-11-2012 at 01:45 AM.

have i got to 15 yet?

By the Way my user name really is my real name

have i got to 15 yet?
    Looks like you just did, so send in your Pro App and see what is on the other side of fence.

good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post

good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    and be forewarned the site is addicting, the folks here are good folks and I have met in person a bunch of them due to this connection here, matter of fact I spent some time on the tele with a member here today, very enjoyable and looking forward to meeting up with him for a beer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    +1
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Just my first name : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast