Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20

Thread: hvac forum

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Corryton,TN
    Posts
    69

    hvac forum

    you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,046
    Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

    It helps to fill out your profile...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,087
    Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

    "Loose-sin"??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Corryton,TN
    Posts
    69
    i been in the trade 32 years, maybe im being to hard in on you all,and i understand the reason for not wanting to answer a diy type question,just comes across as kinda cocky to me,i mean i was reading a thread while ago and then someone posted,"moved to pro forum" i mean they was talking about what to do when work slows down.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Are you in the trade? If so you need to apply for pro membership so you can see all the pro forums. This site is for the professionals in the trade, not for DIY help for homeowners.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Corryton,TN
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Well, at least your spelling and grammar are good enough for you to be understood....

    "Loose-sin"??
    lol how do you spell it? loosen maybe,that was my spell check trying to figure me out i guess

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by buzhall View Post
    you know i been hangin around here for a couple of days and maybe i aint got this figgured out yet but none of you use your real names,anytime a topic comes up you move it to your private forums,if a homeowner comes on here and asks a question then bygolly anyone on here outta be pleased to answer it to the best of your knowledge,if there here askin questions they must have had some real troubles and bad experience with a service tech or hvac company,blowin them off just gives us all a bad image.sorry i just dont get it,what are you all tring to prove/ why even have this part of the forum? why not just make it all private. why if a feller really did need help he sure couldnt get it here you all are too busy scrutinizing every post seein if you can better it i mean if you think the capacitor is bad replace it good grief,if you dont replace the blower motor you should have,if you have doubts about a "part" replace it with a new one,everyone wins. loose-sin up a little and help the hvac guy image to be friendly and willing to help no matter what.good luck to youall.
    I think you sort of answered your own question here.....

    Advice we do offer via vetted Pro's in the AOP sections to the Home/Business owner "Step by Step DIY" we do not, never have, never will offer.

    This sites primary purpose is to serve the professionals in the HVAC industry and IMO it does well in that regard, however as stated that is in the pro sections of the site, out of the eyes of Google and your customer.

    General questions that does not endanger anyone or their equipment are allowed in the open sections of the site, should the detail get to detailed then we have a choice, close it or move it.

    Simple as mud right?
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 10-11-2012 at 01:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Corryton,TN
    Posts
    69
    have i got to 15 yet?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    By the Way my user name really is my real name

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by buzhall View Post
    have i got to 15 yet?
    Looks like you just did, so send in your Pro App and see what is on the other side of fence.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Corryton,TN
    Posts
    69
    good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    By the Way my user name really is my real name

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by buzhall View Post
    good to meet ya and Buz Hall is my real name.
    and be forewarned the site is addicting, the folks here are good folks and I have met in person a bunch of them due to this connection here, matter of fact I spent some time on the tele with a member here today, very enjoyable and looking forward to meeting up with him for a beer or something.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rochester NY
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    By the Way my user name really is my real name
    +1
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

    DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

    Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    2,862
    Just my first name : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event