+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concorde Model rhp13a36p package heat pump

Post Likes

Concorde Model rhp13a36p package heat pump

customer turns heat on says it dont work like it did last winter,code says out on high pressure,reset unit runs about 30 seconds and high pressure switch opens.bad expansion valve? dirty filter?blower not running?control board? no it sucked the insulation off the door up against the motor side of the blower,next time i installe one of these units iam gonna save myself a service call and tape the insulation to the panel like they should at the factory.I cut about a 1/2 inch of the insulation off the panel,enough to get the foil tape on metal and it holds it on there pretty good.

Post Likes
    Are you a service tech? Apply for a pro membership. You have enough posts. The AOP is for homeowners to ask questions not for tech help. That is what Tech to Tech General and the Pro Forums are for.

Input on your thread: Call a professional to check the duct static on that package heat pump. A lot (not always) of time, high duct static can cause the insulation to be pulled off the doors/cabinet. Check the link below for fan curve info.

http://www.rsd.net/fx/assets/prod/586.pdf

Post Likes
    yes iam a self employed service tech,i installed this unit 3 years ago,i didnt post that for help,i posted to get my post count up ,i think the rules says "joy" post dosent count. 16" supply and return high static shouldnt be an issue

Post Likes
    Your assuming the duct static is correct.

I don't make assumptions when regarding system operation. I base my repairs on facts.

Post Likes
    ? you can go over the facts all day if you want the insulation got sucked up against the blower,it wasnt attached to the inside of the panel good from the factory and three years later it sucked up against the blower blocking the airflow so yes id say the static pressure was affected,your tring to make it too difficult ,maybe they let there filter get too dirty at one time or another,i dunno,it was clean when i got there of course everybody changes there filter when they start having problems.your assuming the duct static pressure is incorrect? how do you make that assumption over the internet? i can assume it is fine cause after fixing the insulation problem the unit ran fine,no i didnt put my gauges on it either,the unit holds 7 lbs of refrigerant and has never had a set of gauges on it.i ran the duct work myself so i know whats there,no reason to spend he day chasing problems that dont exist ,keep it simple.

Post Likes
    I'm sure your a competent technician, I'm not questioning that. Just simply stating that others factors can cause the insulation to be sucked off a panel/cabinet besides poor adhesive. That is all. You started a thread, I responded. That's the point of a forum.

Post Likes
    the return would have to be completely blocked for that to happen,imo.i have seen a "delamination" of a section of a flex return that blocked off the return once. in the heating mode with a high head that outta be the first thing to check is airflow,i guess in a way i diagnosed a problem with the duct static pressure which was causing a increase in pressure and temperature locking out the compressor,which would look more impressive on the invoice than ,the insulation got sucked up in the blower,ill try that next time,you make a good point,i can charge more for that diagnosis.

Post Likes
    Moved thread to tech to tech residential.

AOP is for homeowner questions.

Post Likes
    this is a common problem insulation being sucked into fans>\. I have seen it on trane gas furnaces more than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in