+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delta Controls DVC-V304

Post Likes

Delta Controls DVC-V304

Replaced a DVC-V304 v3.30 today and the airflow on the controller now reads 0 cfm even though there is airflow. I plan to return and check with a manometer, but what is the process for calibrating a newly installed DVC VAV controller? I see that there is an 'auto calibration' mode which assigns an offset value. Does anyone have or know where I may find a user/program manual?

Post Likes
    Mikeul,

Stupid question but is your airflow tubes backwards? And I looked through the Delta tech support website and they really don't have a programming guide for the DVC's.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeul View Post
    Replaced a DVC-V304 v3.30 today and the airflow on the controller now reads 0 cfm even though there is airflow. I plan to return and check with a manometer, but what is the process for calibrating a newly installed DVC VAV controller? I see that there is an 'auto calibration' mode which assigns an offset value. Does anyone have or know where I may find a user/program manual?
    Correct no programming guide since its a custom programmable controller. If it has the program from Delta in it (most guys use this program since it works pretty good) then there is a BV labeled auto zero calibration BV6, override that point ON while there is airflow and you know your damper is working correctly (aka CW/CCW). It will drive the damper open then close and it will produce a calibration number that will automatically be put into AV3 (zero calibration). The number that is generated is normally between 380 to 450. This process takes about 2-3 minutes. Once its done, the zero calibration BV6 you put into override will automatically revert back to auto. You will also need to put the K factor from the old controller into the new if you havent done so yet.

Hope this helps, good luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeul View Post
    No stupid questions...I installed them as I found them. I was unable to tell which was high and low: they seemed about the same. Figured when I return I will have a manometer with me. Guess my next question is how do I know if the pressure transducer on the controller is working?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ORCA_GUY View Post
    Correct no programming guide since its a custom programmable controller. If it has the program from Delta in it (most guys use this program since it works pretty good) then there is a BV labeled auto zero calibration BV6, override that point ON while there is airflow and you know your damper is working correctly (aka CW/CCW). It will drive the damper open then close and it will produce a calibration number that will automatically be put into AV3 (zero calibration). The number that is generated is normally between 380 to 450. This process takes about 2-3 minutes. Once its done, the zero calibration BV6 you put into override will automatically revert back to auto. You will also need to put the K factor from the old controller into the new if you havent done so yet.

Hope this helps, good luck
    Thanks for your help. I did override the point and saw the timer count up to 180 seconds, but I believe I started with the box closed. The original controller program for AV3 had a value of 415 and I kept the same K factor. Wondering if my 'new' controller has a bad pressure transducer. I will follow your instructions closely and check the pressure difference across the air flow station....maybe the tubes are reversed.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in