+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Put gas in it!

Post Likes

Put gas in it!

Customer calls that furnace wont run. I find the pilot out. She then tells me her logs wont light either. Go out back to find propane tank empty. Oops

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Customer calls furnace won't run, no hot water......go out and the gas company lock is installed for non-payment......
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Drive by a house with a piece of plywood leaning up where the gas meter is and a dog chained up near by.

Check with the office and find out the account is past due.

Return with the Sheriff to find the meter has been pulled and a water hose in its place stealing gas.

Post Likes
    Call, lady says gas logs wont light. No gas bottle, still sitting there with gauge at 15 # from install.

She was an older lady.

Post Likes
    School called says their AC not working
    Got there and they have no electricity
    Lights are off to the school
    They were wondering why the AC down

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaka View Post
    School called says their AC not working
    Got there and they have no electricity
    Lights are off to the school
    They were wondering why the AC down
    amazing how many times this is an issue.

had maintenance policy service scheduled by the office, customer mentioned I would need a light to see(when don't you in a basement of most of the homes I am in).

arrive to find utility company and tree service there. Tree took out power lines day before and she has had no power since. "I told them you would need a light".
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    worked for a realtor doing new home start ups.

took him at least 5 times of me showing up to find meter locked and billing him before he would check or call utility company.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    When we find the tank empty they still get charged the diagnostic then a return trip fee if we go back to bleed the line plus the charge to bleed the line

Post Likes
    'That's impossible! I pay my bills."
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Yeah I charged a diagnostic fee. I had to remove panels to get to the furnace.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    When we find the tank empty they still get charged the diagnostic then a return trip fee if we go back to bleed the line plus the charge to bleed the line
    In our state... the propane delivery company must do a full leak check and start up on the equipment when you run out. Nifty 30 buck charge added to the delivery bill along with a healthy fuel charge and junk fees.

Post Likes
    If you have propane you should have auto fill

Post Likes
    Get a call, boiler not working, drive an hour into the boonies, turn switch on boiler fires and goes out on limit, open gate valves supply and return and you can guess the end, customer "I thought I checked them"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    went for an ac tuneup earlier this year...went to stat and called fort cool...went outside to see if cond running...nope...huh....went inside to check furnace switch....its on...but wait ...no furnace...was removed earlier in the week cause of sewage back up and required cleaning....

customer response???? i want cooling not heat from my furnace...and now i am the moron!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Post Likes
    had one today,

customer wants oil furnace serviced, buys oil from other than us.

she lets me in and have the chit chat on the way to the furnace, no issues just not done in a while- 8 years!!!!!!!

she says they do the air filters and they are right there.

she says specifically she wants oil filter changed, I said that is in the normal service. she asks if I need to get to the tank and I said yes since that is where the filter is, so she has to clean out room to make access(you knew we were coming for 3+ days).

I oil motor on burner, pull out one air filter and then the other( it is a pro type so it is 8 years old) and oil blower motor and wheel and check belt, it needs one.

show here filter and she almost falls over, literally. " We have 2 filters in there?"

go to do the oil filter and flush the shut off, nothing comes out. do a couple turns and pulls on the shut off and nothing. Look at the gauge, empty. Pound the tank, sounds empty.

Go inform her and she says " I know, we want the furnace serviced. Do you need oil for that?"

I asked, "do you need fuel in your car to make it run? "

gather my stuff, collect and tell her to call us when she gets oil.

Post Likes
    my favorite is when the thermostat is set to the wrong mode, "but my one at home handles that for me automatically i don't have to tell it heat or cool". well your one at work needs to be told. This always happens to me when im on call. and i always assume they are smarter then this and find it with my meter.

Post Likes
    I get a call every month for a furnace that won't work and every month it's right after the gas company shuts off the gas due to non payment and I have to go light the pilot, but every month the customer is upset that she has to have us out there again and wants to know why we can't keep her furnace running and has to call us every month, and wants to know why we can't just fix it right, I told her I would see her next month; lol

Post Likes
    Call for no heat, rtu at car dealership. Drag extension down from truck, haul myself and tools up, tear the doors down. Nice spark, signal to valve at the right time. Gas valve? Not so fast - verify gas. Crack open rusty union for a quick whiff or fight with rusted pressure tap to verify pressure?

Or maybe...just maybe - walk to the edge of the roof where the gas line goes down to the meter and see if it might be broken, locked and tagged.

Which should really be the very first step, accomplished in about 90 seconds and while still on the ground.

Had to charge this error to myself - even though you just kind of figure a business should know better....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in