Thread: Choice of MUA unit brands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Choice of MUA unit brands

Hi, I am a new member of the forum, and have limited HVAC experience and knowledge. I am lucky enough to be responsible for the management of facilities in one of the buildings where I work. We are about to authorize the installation of a 10,000 CFM make-up air unit with heating and cooling sections. The contractor chose Engineered Air equipment. At the time (when the bids were received), this meant nothing to me. My company has hired an overall facilities manager who claims expertise in HVAC. He says that he's never heard of Engineered Air, and knows no-one in the industry who has. He recommends we switch horses and buy an integrated McQuay unit, at considerable additional cost to us.

I'm not looking for an equipment recommendation, but from what I've seen reading posts here, Engineered Air is a reputable supplier of at least reasonable-quality equipment. Is that an accurate assessment? Thanks.

Post Likes
    As good as any other brand.

Post Likes
    Yep

Post Likes
    Stay away from Mcquay
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    I would say your manager's vast experience comes from a couple o facilities so his exposure to the various manufacturers is limited to what those facilities had. There are in fact dozens of manufacturers of MAUs. Who is good and who is bad is A matter of opinion. They all work. What will determine whether or not a particular piece of equipment performs as designed is 100% based upon if it is taken care of or not!! Good PM program it don't matter what you get. No PM program it don't matter what you get. Make sense?

Post Likes
    Can't go wrong with Eng A!

Post Likes
    never heard of Engineered air... Really.... there are millions of them... and yes there as good as any other....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in