Honeywell Pro4000 T-Stat Compatible with Trane XV80? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, I am a firm believer in a 2 stage stat. The comfort advantage in bitter weather is there. When it gets bitter cold, why constantly cycle between low, high & off? A gentle low for long run cycles keeps you so much more comfortable. Just like you do in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Yes, I am a firm believer in a 2 stage stat. The comfort advantage in bitter weather is there. When it gets bitter cold, why constantly cycle between low, high & off? A gentle low for long run cycles keeps you so much more comfortable. Just like you do in your car.
    Plus if you use a stat like the IAQ, it brings on second stage when it determines the homes heat loss is at 90 percent of first stages ability. So you don't have hours on end in low stage with the temp below set point. Which makes the home much more comfortable.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

[QUOTE=BaldLoonie;14373451]Yes, I am a firm believer in a 2 stage stat. The comfort advantage in bitter weather is there. When it gets bitter cold, why constantly cycle between low, high & off? A gentle low for long run cycles keeps you so much more comfortable. Just like you do in your car.

Question then. The focus pro thermostat that you can set up for gas heat or heat pump with aux. heat has a selection for "Comfort" setting and "economy" setting. By what I read is that comfort will allow the electric back up to come on easily, where as the economy setting will try to keep the electric back up off as much as possible. Also the cycle rate calls for 9 cph. that is too much in extreme cold outdoor weather. I usually set the back-up cph rate to 3 or sometimes less thinking that when its time for electric heat, then lets run it. What do you think Baldloonie?
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

I leave them on 9 for electric heat personally. If someone complains, which I haven't gotten any, I suppose longer cycles could help but might result in wider temp swings.

Hi, OP here. I finally got the HVAC company to come out and install a new stat. They put in a Honeywell Pro 6000 model TH6220D this time.

I believe this stat will control my system correctly but what I am not sure of is whether the installer set the stat up correctly for my system. Everything is still set to the honeywell defaults including system type (1) set on 0. Should that be on 0 or should it be on 7 (2heat/1cool conventional)?

Thanks for the advice!

I virtually always set the aux and emergency CPH to 3. Never had anyone complain that it over shoots or has too wide of a temp spread.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I virtually always set the aux and emergency CPH to 3. Never had anyone complain that it over shoots or has too wide of a temp spread.
    Thanks to both of you for the responses. If I change the system type to 7 is there anything else I should change as well? FYI, I do not have a heat pump if that matters, just a furnace.

beenthere, can you give me a little more detail on how changing the CPH to 3 changes the way the system works?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12