Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Look at the way the tweets are written...... looks like its people fooling around.

Who seriously would riot in this country ??? Isnt anyone left with the nads to do it.

We got the internet now.... so much easier to complain on a forum such as this than actually going outside and doing something.
    Although I doubt R/R will do anything meaningful to cut the dead wood if they succeed in dethroning the apologizer in chief, if steps are taken that reduce the free goodies (a cell phone is not a "right") I have no doubt we'd see some marches, looting and rioting.

The great Uniter has divided this country into the haves and have-nots. Just a little spark will be all it takes.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Is the proper spelling "Ima" or "Imma"?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Here in Detroit, they shoot people over what flavor of Koolaid they prefer. The Detroit Police Union just came out and said the the city is unsafe for visitors and they recommend people stay away.

They got half the police force they they did 10 years ago, less pay, 12 hour shifts, and violent crime has sky rocketed.

Any excuse to riot is a good excuse here in this city.

Stop by for a visit and see the sights if you don't believe me.

Im sure Chicago isn't much better either considering all the shootings goin on overdey.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Yeah, I read about that yesterday CW.

Second police chief in a row succumbing to sex scandel?

Sounds like our house speakers in MA who repeatedly get charged with corruption!

I spent some time out your way as a youth, in East Lansing. I loved it!

They had this place called the Bagel/Fragel factory. A fragel was a deep fried bagel coated with cinnamon!

I want one now!
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Did you go to MSU?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

No. I went there with my best friend after high school because his real mom taught there and we wanted to travel.

Very interesting experience. I was in a bar band and I also worked at a magic shop demonstrating amatuer stuff. It was called the Necronomicon and it was on the main drag there between Lansing and East Lansing - Michigan Ave I think?

Interestingly, MSU are the Spartans! Same as my high school alma mater.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Not meaning to break up the reunion... however back on topic:

Seems I remember this idea of riots from past elections (we can learn from history if we choose to).

IMO the rule of law will be a good thing if the rioters get out/hand and usurp the basic tenants of the founding documents: One has the right to xxxxx, ONLY so long as it does not infringe on another's rights to the same. Rioting which includes criminal activity is infringing on another's rights to the same. I hope the police arrest them, charge them, and they have to WORK to pay $$$ for their irresponsible choices.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    WORK to pay $$$ for their irresponsible choices.
    That work is like speaking in Chinese to some of those folks.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    The great Uniter has divided this country into the haves and have-nots. Just a little spark will be all it takes.

He's not that powerful or influential. We've been on that path for the last 50 years or more. Actually, I tend to think it's cyclical anyway. Wealth accumulates and builds up top due ot greed, education and hman nature... until you have a big finiancial crisies and a huge recession or depression, then government bails it all out, redistributes wealth and 3 or so generations and 50 years later you're back where you started.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Here in Detroit, they shoot people over what flavor of Koolaid they prefer. The Detroit Police Union just came out and said the the city is unsafe for visitors and they recommend people stay away.

They got half the police force they they did 10 years ago, less pay, 12 hour shifts, and violent crime has sky rocketed.

Any excuse to riot is a good excuse here in this city.

Stop by for a visit and see the sights if you don't believe me.

Im sure Chicago isn't much better either considering all the shootings goin on overdey.
    I think the strategy is containment. Just keep the tugs out of the better neighborhoods, but otherwise just mop up after they all kill each other. My sister lives down there. IF you have street smarts you know how to work the system , I get the impression you can stay reasonably safe.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I think the strategy is containment. Just keep the tugs out of the better neighborhoods, but otherwise just mop up after they all kill each other. My sister lives down there. IF you have street smarts you know how to work the system , I get the impression you can stay reasonably safe.
    It depends where your at....if your near Wayne State University, major theatres or one of the hospitals it may be less dangerous. In other wards, places that attract money are usually guarded well. The rest of it is like Escape from New York...especially if you go drivin down side streets.
    Cars up on blocks, burned out houses, no street lights, houses stripped of siding half way up. They even bolt down the manhole covers or they would be stollen. I drive by occupied homes that have huge holes in the roofs, collapsing porches and chimneys.

If you live in Detroit, be prepared to dress like a bum, don't have anything nice showing...including designer eyeglasses. The question isn't if you are going to be a victim, it is when.

Dont own a van either...if its nice they will steal it, if its a POS they will break in just to take a dump in the back.

I am not embellishing in the slightest, if anything I am understating.

Remember, the cops will not show up if they are called for anything short of a homicide or bank robbery. And if they do, it will be a half hour to 45 minutes...believe it.

Saw a dude fall out of tree down there one time and smacked his head on the side walk...sounded like a roto tom drum. I called the police, and 45 minutes later a fatass female cop came and sat in her car. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, an ambulance showed up. The dude was still unconcious laying in a pool of blood and urine (convulsion).
    -- Confucius

It depends where your at....if your near Wayne State University, major theatres or one of the hospitals it may be less dangerous. In other wards, places that attract money are usually guarded well. The rest of it is like Escape from New York...especially if you go drivin down side streets.
    Cars up on blocks, burned out houses, no street lights, houses stripped of siding half way up. They even bolt down the manhole covers or they would be stollen. I drive by occupied homes that have huge holes in the roofs, collapsing porches and chimneys.

If you live in Detroit, be prepared to dress like a bum, don't have anything nice showing...including designer eyeglasses. The question isn't if you are going to be a victim, it is when.

Dont own a van either...if its nice they will steal it, if its a POS they will break in just to take a dump in the back.

Remember, the cops will not show up if they are called for anything short of a homicide or bank robbery. And if they do, it will be a half hour to 45 minutes...believe it.

Saw a dude fall out of tree down there one time and smacked his head on the side walk...sounded like a roto tom drum. I called the police, and 45 minutes later a fatass female cop came and sat in her car. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, an ambulance showed up. The dude was still unconcious laying in a pool of blood and urine (convulsion).

I need two tickets to paradise. I will pack my bags and leave tonight.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

...and I thought Detroit was a "model" city. I watched the video clip on this website and even saw a Komrade O re election poster on a falling down crackhouse. If only they would send more money the problems in Detroit would be fixed.

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/2010/1...ities-program/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12