Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith 2 View Post
    I don't want to yet mention their name because I don't want to bring upon them any bad press.
    I can respect that position. So getting back to your original question of whether or not anyone had experienced the same problem with the same units, the answer at this point seems to be, "no".

But it also seems I'm the only one satisfied with your evaluation that airflow isn't the problem. So unless you either jumper out the limits to obtain a heat rise value, or post a pic of the elements that might visually confirm your suspicions, I'm afraid the discussion is at a stalemate.

How many stages of heat are there?
    What is the resistance of each heat strip?
    What is the voltage and phase for each stage of heat.
    What is the actual current AMP draw or RLA on each individual heat stage when running compared to listed RLA.
    What is the rating for limits or better what is the part number.

With this info it can be easily determined what the minimum required air flow should be and also what your temperature rise will be.

Troubleshooting is not part of the repair............understand the symptoms and you will find a solution.

[QUOTE=alcomech;14379951]How many stages of heat are there?
    What is the resistance of each heat strip?
    What is the voltage and phase for each stage of heat.
    What is the actual current AMP draw or RLA on each individual heat stage when running compared to listed RLA.
    What is the rating for limits or better what is the part number.

With this info it can be easily determined what the minimum required air flow should be and also what your temperature rise will be.

Thanks Alcomech for writing in... and thanks guys for having me here on the forum, I have been reading other posts and threads. This is a great forum with a lot of experience and knowlege. Alcomech remember, above in the post I pointed out that the manufacturer sent their people out and verified adequate airflow at their rated spec's.

This problem could probably be solved, with just a small piece of sheet metal attached to each side of the blower housing at the top or bottom to divert the air more towards the strip, I can't see any liability in doing that. I don't feel the amount of diversion you would have to do would create any airflow issues at all, just a thought.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Alcomech remember, above in the post I pointed out that the manufacturer sent their people out and verified adequate airflow at their rated spec's.

So........... the manufacturer sent there people out and verified proper airflow, but had no answer to your problem? If thats true, I think its time to mention there name!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Mr. Bill, that was a very good observation and response. However, that was tried twice... adding a sheetmetal diverter. However it failed to solve the problem. The "throw" distance from the blower to the evap coil is so narrow; not enough room.

jimj... I'm still trying to work things out with them. It would be far better if when I did mention their names I could come back and tell everyone, "we had "big" problem and mfgr/distr "X" stood by it and made it good."

How is the airflow? LOL. Just kidding. Sounds to me you already have your answer, Poor design of the heat strips. So when the manufacturer does not make it right, will you drop there name? Hope for the tenants sake they hurry up it is getting cold. Good luck and I hope you come back with a solution. This has been an interesting read.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123