Hybrid View

Low/med/high fire set-ups

Can someone explain the difference between these settings in a furnace? My model is OH6FA072DV4. Curious on my ECM fan speed settings. Currently it's set at factory setting:

Heating CFM: 968
    Low fire rise: 57 deg
    Med fire rise: 69 deg
    High fire rise: 86 deg

I'm curious as to what those numbers mean and if my house would benefit from either a change in dip switch settings and/or a different nozzle (currently have .60 x 80A)

I'm in New England in a 2 story colonial built in 1949 with updated windows and 1700 square feet.

Quote Originally Posted by chigundo View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between these settings in a furnace? My model is OH6FA072DV4. Curious on my ECM fan speed settings. Currently it's set at factory setting:

Heating CFM: 968
    Low fire rise: 57 deg
    Med fire rise: 69 deg
    High fire rise: 86 deg

I'm curious as to what those numbers mean and if my house would benefit from either a change in dip switch settings and/or a different nozzle (currently have .60 x 80A)

I'm in New England in a 2 story colonial built in 1949 with updated windows and 1700 square feet.
    They are air temperature rise measurements and should have been varified when the furnace was commissioned and set up with a combustion analyzer. There is no other proper and safe way to set up an oil or gas furnace.