+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 WIRE PILOTS

Post Likes

3 WIRE PILOTS

These old systems always cause me "Brain Freeze". Anybody have any good trouble shooting info on them? Have one lites the pilot.,but not the burners.Will run that way for days! Thanks ahead!

Post Likes
    Ussually that is caused by a dirty pilot. The pilot flame doesn't get hot enough to cause the bi-metal strip in the pilot to warp. If a good cleaning doesn't do it, replace it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Usually that is caused by a dirty pilot. The pilot flame doesn't get hot enough to cause the bi-metal strip in the pilot to warp. If a good cleaning doesn't do it, replace it.
    +1
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicmuffin View Post
    These old systems always cause me "Brain Freeze". Anybody have any good trouble shooting info on them? Have one lites the pilot.,but not the burners.Will run that way for days! Thanks ahead!
    Agree with the others.

If you want more info on how these pilots work, to help in troubleshooting, send me an email (address is in my profile).
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Just had a dirty one saturday night. Cleaned her out, worked fine after that. If you need to replace it, go with oem. I got burnt once by non oem, never again.

Post Likes
    Here is a helpful hint.

After the pilot lights from the spark, unplug it and you can jump the yellow and white wire to test it. The gas valve should then open up. This is ONLY a TEST
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

Post Likes
    For the next 60 seconds?

Post Likes
    Thanks guys.,brain thawed out.,went back cleaned pilot orfice ,now work'n fine!

Post Likes
    there is some good info on this site with links.

I made a pilot/gas valve device to test each with help from this site.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in