Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manometer

Manometer

Looking for a decent digital manometer to measure gas pressures. Would like to see it go up to 5 psi. The fieldpiece does up to 60". Does it go into ol on higher press or does it fail. I see the extech does both airflow and press but only goes up to 20." I like the fluke 922 but it is a bit pricey. Not sure if it even does gas press. Would not mine airflow and gas press just not ready to drop 6-7 hundred.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

http://www.tequipment.net/Testo_0560...FQme4AodyQ0A5A

heres what i have. i love it

use it to measure static pressure, pressure switches, and gas pressure

Here's the one that I have been using.

http://www.ueitest.com/products/leak...etectors/em201

Price isn't bad. ($120 +/-) I use it several times a week for setting up boilers and setting regulators. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Here's the one that I have been using.

http://www.ueitest.com/products/leak...etectors/em201

Price isn't bad. ($120 +/-) I use it several times a week for setting up boilers and setting regulators. No complaints.
    I have the single port uei, I would like dual but it works. I never see anyone post any uei so I was questioning the quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have the Testo 510 although we're using the dual input uei manometers in school. They seem nice, feels solid with nice rubber boot and strong back magnet. I kinda like it but I also like how small the testo is and can fit in my bag easily without adding more weight to it, just wishing the back magnet was a little stronger.

Dual input manometer? Doesn't the dual input make it a magnahelik? I never understood using a manometer. Magnahelik does the same thing and so much more.

I also use the uei. No problems with it. A friend uses TPI and he's happy with it.

Not sure of any digital manometer we generally use for diagnostics, service, draft check, etc that will do upto 80 inches on the column or 5 psi. My Testo taps out at about 40 inches, I think. I use basic 0 - 10psi gas pressure gauge for the higher PSI and my more sensitive and accurate digital tools for the fine tuning and testing of the pressures down leg of the regulators.

Testo 510 is hands down the best manometer I have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Dual input manometer? Doesn't the dual input make it a magnahelik? I never understood using a manometer. Magnahelik does the same thing and so much more.

I also use the uei. No problems with it. A friend uses TPI and he's happy with it.
    The dual inputs are necessary when calibrating differential across negative pressure gas valves and for calibrating cut-in/cut-out of air proving switches on larger gas boilers. The Testos and Wohlers are very nice manometers, but for the price, the UEI does all I wanted it to do and I don't freak out everytime I drop it. Ditto on the strong magnet comment.

Testo 510 for 2 years with no problems. small and easy to pack in my bag. Your better off getting a differential manometer if your going to spend money on a manometer. I still use my analog magnehelic for static pressure checks!

Being new and needing all manner of tools and test equipment, I elected for the UEI201 dual port for price sake and I don't see any reason to upgrade at this point. Gas pressure, gas leaks, pressure switches...it's been doing fine. Wide range from " WC to PSI.

I've used it more this start to the heating season than all of the last and it's verified everything correctly thus far...

I set gas pressures with my TSI 6130....

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    I set gas pressures with my TSI 6130....
    I used to set it with a Testo 327

now i set it with a Testo 510

cant wait to get a new combustion analyzer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast