+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New carrier unit installed

Post Likes

New carrier unit installed

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1799
Size:  65.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1795
Size:  70.5 KBOver this summer at my families cottage someone stole the condenser. So I thought I would make it a little harder for some one to snatch and grab this one. I started with a 8 inch concrete pad, bolted from the inside of unit. Then welded a 1inch square base with 3/4 pegs bolted that to the concrete then welded the blots on site. Made the cage slip on to the 3/4 pegs and finished with a stainless lock for the cage and the disconnect. 1/6 steel plate over the cage lock, to protect lock. Color match carrier colors then tapped a carrier nomenclature on the front. Graded the soil away from unit with native soil, then topped it off with 1/2 top soil and patch master for a reseeding. Not saying no one could steel it, but its just a little easier to go to the next house and take that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Dang, rotate your pix! I got a kink in my neck now

Yea, the bars may slow them down a minute or so!

Post Likes
    When I first saw the pics before reading I thought the cage was factory. That's some nice work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I hope the fan motor never goes out, or you ever have to get to the compressor!!! hahaha

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chibulls21 View Post
    I hope the fan motor never goes out, or you ever have to get to the compressor!!! hahaha
    The cage comes off. It may be a little harder to steal but its also a few more lbs of steel Lol. Nice work though it looks nice

Post Likes
    well done...we do almost the exact same thing on all our new showroom homes.... we also dont install a diss connect until the home is sold.... at least the bolt cutters get a good spark.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Nice, doubt the cage will do much. Maybe keep an honest man honest! LOL

Post Likes

Looks good.

I'm with Bald Looney, if they want it, they will get it. The cage will slow them down a bit!

Post Likes
    Nice work on the Cage looks well put toghther with a pro finish. If some meth head wants it he will have a tow rope tied to the chevy. Run up to the unit put the strap around it and drop the hammer in the chevy and rip it off the Ground in 0.2. They Hit a New Sub division around the corner from me got 5 units in under 5 minutes on camera.
    The cage will make them look for an unprotected one but if that itch is strong enough they don't care LOL

Post Likes
    What is this world coming to?

I'm old enough to remember when my parents never locked the doors and they could leave the keys in the (one) car. Plus, they would let us kids play outside and go anywhere we wanted (even go downtown) without them! The one rule was to be home for supper or else.

Post Likes
    Very professional and neat looking. Nothing is unstealable but most are looking for a good snatch and go and this will atleast have them look else where.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in