Goodman heat pump package unit

At first i thought the unit was low on freon and it was. A slow leak in the condenser coil nothing major. It has not been very hot in my area for the past couple weeks until a day ago. It got into the mid 80s. I noticed that there was on about a 8 degree split checked pressures again and not low enough to make that much of a difference. I should be getting a lot more than that any ideas?

Thread relocated to AOP

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 12-02-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: non AOP member

Quote Originally Posted by sub cool View Post
    At first i thought the unit was low on freon and it was. A slow leak in the condenser coil nothing major. It has not been very hot in my area for the past couple weeks until a day ago. It got into the mid 80s. I noticed that there was on about a 8 degree split checked pressures again and not low enough to make that much of a difference. I should be getting a lot more than that any ideas?
    Not enough information.

Sir, you could have one of a possible hundred things wrong with your system. The only way to repair it is to have someone with knowledge onsite to determine exactly what is wrong with it by using their 5 senses and proper refrigeration pratices. Any other way usually ends up in frustration, excessive expenditures, and higher costs to operate your equipment.

...Ron
    Roof Rat