Looking for top quality american made vacuum pump

In our shop we do alot of low temp work requiring evacuation for long periods of time. I have used various brands of vacuum pumps
    refco, yellow jacket, robinair. Does anyone have a recommendation for an american made pump capable of pulling south of 50 microns also could you recommend micron gauge which is american made and durable Inficon was a disapointment.

Yellow Jacket all the way. My micron gauge is a Supco model which has never let me down in 12 years, as long as it is cleaned before use. (Even left it installed on an operating liquid line schraeder for 6 weeks before finding where I left it! )

I do not like Infinicon at all. Robinair not so great, I'm looking at the Bacharach but that is A German product of which I like.

Of all the vacuum pumps I've ever used, the Kinney was by far the best...and the most expensive.

http://www.tuthillvacuumblower.com/P...atalog/294.pdf

Edwards vacuum pumps...but may be just a bit overkill.
    I used Edwards when I worked on cryo bulk tanks and it doubled as my refrig vac pump. Killer pump.
    Used Kinny belt driven too. Tough as nails! Very durable, ran for weeks at a time outdoors on tanks in storage pulling vacuums to 50mi. But hard to get going on a cold winter morning, at least with the special oil we used.

appion tez 8 will do what you need, expensive but worth it. vacuum pull down times drastically reduced

JB vacuum pumps are good quality and made in the USA.

Check out Welch Vacuum Pumps. They offer a number of different pump options. They are a affiliated with gardner denver and we have used one of their pumps on some large industrial systems. I personally am a fan of the Yellow jacket micron gauge with the lcd readout. I appreciate that it comes with a case and large numbers, which make it easy to read at a glance. Takes one D battery which seems to have quite a long life. The thermistor is replaceable if necessary and the readout, on the latest generation, starts reading from atmosphere which I think is helpful. Lastly, the readout is attached to the thermistor by a telephone type cord which allows you to view the readout at a distance away from the access point. Have used the low end jb micron gauge and I never trusted it. The yellow jacket is expensive but for my money its worth it.

Great response and I am equally thrilled we still manufacture in the USA Kinney with its low micron capablity looks interesting as we do quite a bit of ultra low temp work and some units come back oil logged multible times. Our spec is for the unit to not rise over 100 microns in twenty minutes blanked off, this is not always possible with some of the pumps we have used.