Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rglasgow View Post
    The insurance guy approved it.
    I bet he is a qualified hvac pro, oh wait he sells insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next of kin can call the insurance company for reassurance when the whole family is DOA.

Please get a qualified professional out to correct the venting. This is no joke man, you are seriously endangering you family, it is NOT safe.

Ya your insurance guy is an expert at saving lives or maybe its collecting premiums no must be denial of claims cause he sure new what he was looking @ and he sure knows more about venting than the techs on this site

First of all I do have respect for everyone here who has given me advice, I do understand what all of you are saying.

I have CO2 testers on all 3 floors. Also, if one unit is running, the other unit is sealed off. Meaning nothing can leak into the other. And vice versa. And I have never got a solid answer from anybody. I have, but its all been different answers. I have researched and discussed on 3 different forum boards. Meaning that you guys deal with gas and oil, other guys deal with wood, and other guys that deal with coal. I have not found that one individual that has an expertise in all areas. The one certified installer I got a quote from a few years ago was going to do the same thing I did, and he was licensed, so its not a code violation in my area as long as everything is installed properly.

So yes each unit is hooked to a separate T to the same flue, but while run is running, the other is sealed off. They are not both running at the same time. So with it being approved by the county, and the insurance approving it, and with C02 testers installed, a new 316ti 25' liner, and each unit can be cut off from the other so nothing can leak, what is the issue?

And I would like an answer from someone who has knowledge and experience of burning oil, coal, and wood.

For those of you whom are worrying about my family, I do not have one, I live alone. But thank you for your concern as if I did have a family I wouldve paid someone a couple thousand to do the entire project. But since this was crunch time for me, I did it myself. Next year I would like to separate it and build a 4th chimney for the oil furnace. I do not plan on using the oil furnace at all this year, only if I went on vacation and I do not see that happening. So with all that being said, I should be safe since it is sealed off, it will only take me a matter of minutes to open the one and seal the other off.

My main question to all of experienced members here, is there going to be a reaction from the oil soot and the creosote?

I really do appreciate all of your knowledge and concern. Please keep in mind I am trying to combine information from people that use gas/oil, coal, and wood. Ive yet to find that one person that has experience in all.

Ohh I see and Yes I do have experience on all types of fuel and its national code venting codes dont change from state to state or on a county level and there is a reason for these codes . I dont quite understand why you would come on here to get advice to disreguard it though to each their own best of luck in your endever

IMC 801.11 A solid fuel-burning appliance shall not connect to a chimney passageway venting another appliance.

IMC 803.3 The connector should not be smaller than the size of the flue collar supplied by the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    IMC 801.17 Space around lining

The space around a flue lining system or other vent installed within a masonry chimney shall not be used to vent any other appliances. This shall not prevent the installation of a separate flue lining in accordance with the manufacturer's installations instructions and this code.

M1801.12 International Residential Code

A solid fuel burning appliance or fireplace shall not connect to a chimney passageway venting another appliance.

503.5.7.1 International fuel Gas Code
    Solid fuel burning appliances. An appliance shall not be connected to a chimney flue serving a separate appliance designed to burn solid fuel.

801.11 International Mechanical Code

Same verbiage as IRC

Your insurance agent may have told you that it is OK, but it is clearly not.

You may want to contact your insurance company and have them give you a certified letter stating that your policy will still be in full force should any property damage, or loss of life or illness associated with this installation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12