+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it's 2:45 am.......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    after i did the work i told the customer
    to never call ME again on this pile!
    Oh we've all had units gone bad and were married to until it worked right. I can think of a few
    I hope I never hear about again ....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FSE_ View Post
    Another way without penetrating the box: Drill a hole in the suction line by the evaporator. Cut the suction line by the condensing unit. Feed the cap. tube down the suction line. Solder it all back together. New cap tube, better subcooling and no penetration through the box.
    I've never imagined that, but WOW, you must be an smart old man! I like your idea, not for this specific app, but this will be of good use when time calls. I like to make that hole in the wall and run with it. Nevertheless, I like your imagination, that's what I call engineering!

Post Likes
    Another way without penetrating the box: Drill a hole in the suction line by the evaporator. Cut the suction line by the condensing unit. Feed the cap. tube down the suction line. Solder it all back together. New cap tube, better subcooling and no penetration through the box.
    Some vending machine manufacturers do that from the factory. Definitely get good sub cooling that way!

Post Likes
    What about the chance of copper shavings getting into the system and causing another restriction?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    For replacement I've used a tee at either end to route the cap out of the suction instead of drill before. It was such a PITA on one of these with the tight bends in the wall it is much easier and faster to just run a new suction/cap heat exchanger up

FWIW I believe I saw a small mani ice maker that ran the cap inside the suction
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Why would he pay you for the compressor when he can go buy another used freezer from auction for cheaper?

because it was the customers wish to have it replaced..

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What about the chance of copper shavings getting into the system and causing another restriction?
    I said drill, but what I would really do is pop a small hole in the suction with my torch

Post Likes
    FSE_ that's a weird couple of posts. Have you done either of those things with the drill or torch before
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I think an ice pick shoved thru the copper would be best , then shove cap tube into it

On the condenser end , cut the suction pipe in half , drill a hole through a coupler , pull cap tube thru pipe , shove through hole in coupler , put coupler in place.

All theory and sounds easy of course on paper ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in