Hmm Looking for an Apprentice Job in the Seattle/Lynnwood Area.

Hi, guys, I'm fairly new here.

I'm looking for an Apprentice job in the Seattle, WA area. Like most people, I have placed resumes and applications but it seems most companies are looking for a Journey level technician.

I'm a Navy veteran, and while in the service I gained some experience in this field. So, I figured I would ask how most you, the experts in the field, went about it. I'm hoping to get some hints that could help in my job search.

Thanks for anything you guys can contribute!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLeon View Post
    Hi, guys, I'm fairly new here.

I'm looking for an Apprentice job in the Seattle, WA area. Like most people, I have placed resumes and applications but it seems most companies are looking for a Journey level technician.

I'm a Navy veteran, and while in the service I gained some experience in this field. So, I figured I would ask how most you, the experts in the field, went about it. I'm hoping to get some hints that could help in my job search.

Thanks for anything you guys can contribute!
    Go on line for Source Refrigeration & HVAC and fill out the online application. They have a shop in Auburn. They are looking for veterans who want to learn the trade. The shop covers an area from Centrailia to Bellingham.

Thanks, on it!

I believe UA Local 32 has a veterans program. There are a bunch of contractors in King and Snohomish. www.ualocal32.com The hall is in Renton, go down there and take a look.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

UA Helmets to Hardhats. Get ready for a low-ball offer from Source Refrigeration.

Check the local suppliers, Thermal, RSD, Johnstone, etc. Company's post ad's on there bulletin boards.

Good Luck.

good luck on the search in the same boat trying to get a foot in the door