Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Install vs service

Found this pain in the butt today. Had no room to get to the gas outlet port and thank god the igniter tested good. This was not installed by the company I work for. The company that installed it is now out of business.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350435677.195372.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  54.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350435692.880649.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  53.6 KB

I hate those carrier/paynes. A company around here installed a bunch and apparently had about 50 HXs plug up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome. How many BTU is that bad boy?

From all the teflon pipe dope- looks like the valve has been changed. Oh- and that flex in the cabinet is illegal!

It's legial in maine whare iam from as long as the opening has a bushing to protect the ccts whare it goes through the cabanet

Nope it's illegal here as well

80,000btu two stage.

I lied signal stage furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    It's legial in maine whare iam from as long as the opening has a bushing to protect the ccts whare it goes through the cabanet
    Check again pctech. It isn't legal here either. CSST is legal to terminate in the box, but not a flex appliance connector. There is a difference. Your right. Must pass through an insulating bushing.

I do not understand the title of your post,"install vs service". Are you a service guy *****ing about a install guy or visa versa. Looks like a service guy replaced that valve to me. I happened to do both and was just wondering why service always wants to put down install,especially from same company. Just curious.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

I have been in this industry for 30+ years and there has always been this service vs. install barrier. I think its because service guys think they can install better and neater. The only trouble is that a service install might be neater, it takes 2 times longer. There are some guys, like you, that can do both, I am saying most can't.
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

I've done both mainly service though. I've heard the words "I won't have to service it." And with being that said is were most of the Battle comes from. The company I work for the installers a service guys get along pretty good.

If a service guy with any real experience used all of that tape and blue junk on a gas line which sees almost no psi.....he needs to learn how to wrap tape correctly. And for god's sake, that blue junk is my last choice for pipe sealant, especially on steel & alum. Rectroseal #5 much better on that type of connection. In fact, I do not believe teflon is approved for gas piping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast