Thread: Nitrogen regulator

Post Likes

Nitrogen regulator

2nd generation commercial technician

Post Likes
    A good quality company.

Post Likes
    looks neat......
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Post Likes
    Harris or Goss for a regulator?

Post Likes
    Harris
    2nd generation commercial technician

Post Likes
    Just got this new regulator from Western Enterprises...............LOVING IT. Like their older generation regulators. I got the 250 psi model, this basically levels off the test pressure at 250psi max if you set and forget about it, or you just shut it OFF once you hit the test pressure you are looking for. Or if you are searching for a leak it will maintain 250 psi as your searching. There is a 500 psi model, but who knows why one would want that...300 psi is the max you would ever want before possibly damaging valves on compressors. The brazing feature is wonderful because it is self regulating. You have 20 joints to braze, with a regular regulator you will be going back and forth adjusting the pressure as you get down to just a few joints. This one you set it and forget it.

http://www.westernenterprises.com/en...FS/VNintro.pdf

Post Likes
    Hope you have a better experience with the quality of Western Enterprises line of VN products than I have had.

Post Likes
    If were talking about the original VN regulator, I would agree. I liked the similar benefits of that regulator, but the design and the fact that it had to be attached directly to the cylinder, made it a pain. This new version is one of those things that has been so simplified that there is really nothing that can go wrong with it. This reg is one of those things that make you say, "why didn't I think of this".
    I am in love with a regulator for the first time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    If were talking about the original VN regulator, I would agree. I liked the similar benefits of that regulator, but the design and the fact that it had to be attached directly to the cylinder, made it a pain. This new version is one of those things that has been so simplified that there is really nothing that can go wrong with it. This reg is one of those things that make you say, "why didn't I think of this".
    I am in love with a regulator for the first time.

Is the knob to tighten the regulator to the tank made of metal?
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    The knob is molded solid plastic, not sure material but not cheap feeling. Not worried about it stripping on me. With the O-ring, no need to have to use a wrench to crank down to make the brass to brass seal as with other regulators.

Post Likes
    skip it. buy that new turbotorch with the gauge guard built in to them. it'll save your gauge in long run.
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.
    ------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in