Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: SUB-COOLER

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,209

    SUB-COOLER

    United is advertising one this month from National Refrigeration Products.
    Says it will increase recovery speed up to 95% The hotter it gets the better it works. Model # MT69 Sub-Cooler

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    United is advertising one this month from National Refrigeration Products.
    Says it will increase recovery speed up to 95% The hotter it gets the better it works. Model # MT69 Sub-Cooler
    I don't have one, but you can watch this video on it and see what you think.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ5BzDdHQVA
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,209
    Good one rundawg. I didn't expect a video. That answered my question. I wonder how fast it would be in ice ? Maybe I should make my own in a cheaper version. Like some 3/8" copper coiled up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Maybe I should make my own in a cheaper version. Like some 3/8" copper coiled up.
    Others have done that with success.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Morgan Hill Ca.
    Posts
    1,219
    You can do something really close to this with a small receiver... I use a small recovery cylinder on the outlet of the machine with the dip tube port to the larger tank.

    Also too, when it is stupid hot outside I will sub-cool the bottle half way through filling it... Just use the recovery machine, vapor from the bottle into the machine, the machine to the liquid port of the bottle....Takes about 10 minutes to literally drop the bottle temperature to ambient..
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    362
    Just coil some 3/8" tubing around a nitrogen tank. Stick some 1/4" flare ball valves on it and you have the same thing as that "molecular transformator" for a fraction of the price. Well worth the effort to make it, instead of trash can full of ice you just lug a 5 gallon bucket full of ice!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1124 View Post
    Just coil some 3/8" tubing around a nitrogen tank. Stick some 1/4" flare ball valves on it and you have the same thing as that "molecular transformator" for a fraction of the price. Well worth the effort to make it, instead of trash can full of ice you just lug a 5 gallon bucket full of ice!
    Made one myself awhile back. 10' 3/8 cooper coiled up with valve on both ends. 5 gal bucket 2 bags of ice. Works pretty good. Shoved 25 lbs of 410A into a recovery tank on an 85 degree day. Tank pressure never hit 225. Cut recovery time in half. Make sure you are weighing the cylinder though. Don't wanna shove 60 lbs of 410A into a 50lb tank.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event