I currently have a Tempstar ntc6075 and went to start up without any reaction. Check 110v to the circuit board...ok Checked 24v from transformer....ok I have both to the control board and still nothing. I have also checked all limits and pressure switch. Limits are closed and PS will close on start up. What else have I missed?????

[Edited by biggdaddy47 on 10-14-2006 at 06:37 AM]

"What else have I missed?????"

training, experience, knowledge.....

are you a tech or H/O?

I am a home owner with some electrical skill. All indications after my checks would point to the control board...

Betcha this furnace has a SmartValve don't it?

Hey, don't diss smart valves. They are great.

I have only replaced them on about 99.9% of the Tempstar furnaces I installed with a smart valve. Some of them 2 to 3 times in one year.

Furnace will not come on.

I Have been putting on a stronger transformer and this will open the Smart gas valve.
    Blue Fox

Every smart valve I have replaced was due to the fact that it would not start the inducer motor.

yea this furnace has a "dumb valve" on it. the original transformer I also had to replace because it started smoking. If I get another stronger transformer and replace the valve, would this take care of my problem? Thanks.....

and to think. Honeywell reports that 90 to 95% of the smart valves they get back under warrenty are NOT bad.

To think Tempstar had to "dumb" the furnace down so the techs could work on it properly.

It's funny how they lay blame on the techs.

None of the furnaces worked before replacing the valve but they all worked after. Imagine that!