Thread: Goodman modulating furnace without communicating stat?

Post Likes

Goodman modulating furnace without communicating stat?

Hello, I was considering having a goodman GMVM96 installed in my home. The furnace has a modulating gas valve, ecm motor and is compatiable with the comfortnet communicating thermostat. I however, dont have a comfortnet stat, but i do have the Whire Rogers Big Blue 1F95-1291 stat. Which is a very nice stat. I know the furnace will work with my stat, but what features, if any, will I miss out on. My contractor is a good friend of mine and he doesnt have any experience with the new GMVM96. If I cant get all the benifits of the new furnace, with my current stat, I rather get a GMVC95. I gotta have that ecm motor one way or another! My system is single zone and I will be adding the goodman 3ton 16cer 2stage ac in the spring. Thanks.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-09-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    Well my friend is a qualified contractor, but your right, he doesnt know high end equipment. Hes a good friend and gonna do the job for free, since I plumbed his whole house for free. So Im not gonna pay someone else thousands of dollars when he ows me a favor. Anyways, I like knowing how things work. That why I asked the question. So back to the orginal question please.

Post Likes
    treysdad, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in