+ Reply to Thread

Thread: head hunters

Post Likes

head hunters

have any of you service guys been approached by head hunters for another company

Post Likes
    Yes!
    Quite often!

Post Likes
    I get a call about once a month. Once I tell them what I am making now and what I expect to make a move, they aren't interested anymore........Then they ask if I know anybody.

Post Likes
    I get asked all the time in the summer. A good tech can just about name his price here. Good techs are hard to come by.

Post Likes
    My boss actually pays us a bounty if we find a new tech and he is hired on and stays for 90 days.

Post Likes
    I hear from other companies and professional head hunters all the time on my PC as well as McQuay's computer. When I still had one. When I talk money, benefits and relocation allowance I here we'll discuss it and get back to you. I had a former employer call me and offered me more money, but I had to turn them down as once you've seen the zoo it doesn't change that much. If you should accept any offers forget anything verbal, get it in writing and signed by the highest authority from that company. -GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Post Likes
    Yes, and sometimes I say "you cant afford me." They say yes we can. I tell them what it would take and then they agree. But in the ever-changing environment down here, companies are changing policies, going to "van-only" fleet policies, micromanaging techs with GPS, jacking up margins beyond what the market will support. A savvy tech is interested in more than money. Do your homework before running to the money. A lot of times they are offering grand theft money because they are desperate and have ran all their techs off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    I hear from other companies and professional head hunters all the time on my PC as well as McQuay's computer. When I still had one. When I talk money, benefits and relocation allowance I here we'll discuss it and get back to you. I had a former employer call me and offered me more money, but I had to turn them down as once you've seen the zoo it doesn't change that much. If you should accept any offers forget anything verbal, get it in writing and signed by the highest authority from that company. -GEO
    Great advice! get it in writing! Oh if only I had done that when I was younger.

Post Likes
    Not that much. Former employers have asked me if I was interested in coming back, I've been approached by Carrier (3 years after I sent them my resume, mind you) and my friends at McQuay have asked me if I was interested in coming over to work for them. I am pretty happy with the company I work for, and it'd take a whole heck of a lot more than any company would offer me to get me to entertain the thought of leaving.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Once was promised a job, so i quit my job and move back to NY from Florida. I really hated Florida that was my driving force. When i arrived they had filled my position because i did not move quick enough. so i spent 2 years up north screwing around partying with buddies and moved back to Florida. When i tried to get my old job back i was sol. Not suprising after 2 years. Point being dont ever leave a job especially if relocating without a written offer.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Once was promised a job, so i quit my job and move back to NY from Florida. I really hated Florida that was my driving force. When i arrived they had filled my position because i did not move quick enough. so i spent 2 years up north screwing around partying with buddies and moved back to Florida. When i tried to get my old job back i was sol. Not suprising after 2 years. Point being dont ever leave a job especially if relocating without a written offer.
    I lived 3 years in Naples, airport area, then my wife got laid off, she used to work for the pubblic library in downtown, and she found a job here in tx
    Like you, I also hate Naples, the most boring city in the world, but i would like to relocate back to Sarasota, is a little pearl, tx is just a lot of land and plains business is pretty slow here in residential, i miss florida a lot to be honest

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in