Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You open the crawlspace door and see a ton of spiders and other crawly things

What are you guys doing in this situation ?

Close your eyes and dive in ?

I carry a case of Hot Shot foggers

Toss a few down there and come back in 2 hours .....

House I was at other day had Ratts running around , that was creepy. I kept on eye on them and one on the unit

I just try to keep an eye on them and get in there with them. I can handle a snake but I can't stand a spider. I have been spider bit many times from working in plants.

Was in one years ago, took a broom with me and it came out looking like a world record Q Tip. Plucked one spider off the back of my neck after feeling its pointy legs crawling around.

Ever have a cornered wild squirrel jump on your head? I have twice in my garage....reminded me of the spider on my neck with its pointy toe nails.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

When I was younger and invincible I would just dive in. Today? Forget it!! The fogger is a great idea!!

Use a stick to knock down webs and dive in

Tyvec suits are like $12.

Not much fun to wear when it's hot...
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Disposeable coveralls, bright lights, put cardboard or similar down if it's a crawlspace, and a broom, preferable the customer's to sweep away webs etc. I used a fogger once, found that spiders were dropping like rain from the joists around me, I'll never do that again. I hate the thought of a spider on me, but as long as they stay in their place all is well.
    Question authority!

Chemicals that aren't good for a spider can't be too good for you.
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

oh yes there are definately a bunch of dead bodies on the floor after fogging. I just flick them out the way and keep crawling.

If the crawlspace has plastic down and a good 4 foot high gap I dont bother with fog. Theres enough room to duck down and work. Its the really tight spaces I dont care for , where you have to belly crawl and its dirt. I then feel like the Perfect meal for critters.

I know couple boys ended up in the ER from spider bites.

You could take a bottle of map gas with you and burn what ever gets close to you. Just don't burn the house down. Other than that never really thought about I just dive in head first. But then again I like to play with fire. Been known to catch myself on fire from time to time (accidentally of course).

You could also tell the customer your not going in their crawl space until they get there infestation taken care of. Told one I wasn't going in his attic when it was 115 outside this year. He wasn't happy but I didn't go in his attic either.

i have been bit by all kinds of stuff and have seen it all. rattlesnakes,coral snakes your everyday corn snake. and of course a wide aray of spiders. i havent been bit by all those things but did get it from a black widow that was hiding behind the control board on a 40 ton york condenser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwolfe View Post
    You could also tell the customer your not going in their crawl space until they get there infestation taken care of. Told one I wasn't going in his attic when it was 115 outside this year. He wasn't happy but I didn't go in his attic either.
    "you go first". Lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast