Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

You open the crawlspace door and see a ton of spiders and other crawly things

What are you guys doing in this situation ?

Close your eyes and dive in ?

I carry a case of Hot Shot foggers

Toss a few down there and come back in 2 hours .....

House I was at other day had Ratts running around , that was creepy. I kept on eye on them and one on the unit

I just try to keep an eye on them and get in there with them. I can handle a snake but I can't stand a spider. I have been spider bit many times from working in plants.

Was in one years ago, took a broom with me and it came out looking like a world record Q Tip. Plucked one spider off the back of my neck after feeling its pointy legs crawling around.

Ever have a cornered wild squirrel jump on your head? I have twice in my garage....reminded me of the spider on my neck with its pointy toe nails.

When I was younger and invincible I would just dive in. Today? Forget it!! The fogger is a great idea!!

Use a stick to knock down webs and dive in

Tyvec suits are like $12.

Not much fun to wear when it's hot...
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Disposeable coveralls, bright lights, put cardboard or similar down if it's a crawlspace, and a broom, preferable the customer's to sweep away webs etc. I used a fogger once, found that spiders were dropping like rain from the joists around me, I'll never do that again. I hate the thought of a spider on me, but as long as they stay in their place all is well.
    Question authority!

I can't stand those spindly spiders, did a dairy that was full of them, every time i lit the oxy the heat made it rain spiders on me...

Another site, found a wasp nest by a loft hatch, figure they'll leave me alone if i leave them alone as i make my way to the air handler, customer climbs ladder 'Hey theres a wasp nest!' starts hitting it ffs, yeah thats right wake them up for me.

I don't mind rats or mice, i do a lot of farm work so used to them!

(The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

a little tid-bit of useless information:

Scientist have concluded that NO ONE on the planet is ever more than 3 feet from a spider.

freaky 'eh
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Chemicals that aren't good for a spider can't be too good for you.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

oh yes there are definately a bunch of dead bodies on the floor after fogging. I just flick them out the way and keep crawling.

If the crawlspace has plastic down and a good 4 foot high gap I dont bother with fog. Theres enough room to duck down and work. Its the really tight spaces I dont care for , where you have to belly crawl and its dirt. I then feel like the Perfect meal for critters.

I know couple boys ended up in the ER from spider bites.

You could take a bottle of map gas with you and burn what ever gets close to you. Just don't burn the house down. Other than that never really thought about I just dive in head first. But then again I like to play with fire. Been known to catch myself on fire from time to time (accidentally of course).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast