Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tools list.

what type of factory are you coming from .was it true or delfeild or some one i got my start at wasserstrom

Quote Originally Posted by royd2 View Post
    what type of factory are you coming from .was it true or delfeild or some one i got my start at wasserstrom

I don't really want to say where I work, or what area I'm for that matter, parnoid that way, with the current economy.

I have worked for the last two to three years testing customized commerical, and light industrial packaged units, split systems, and some water to water 410a chillers. Most of our units run from 3ton to 40ton units. I have learned alot working here, but I want to learn more and don't have the funds for schooling, and well I messed up any chance of fianacing it to. I also have a background in comp sci, its what I messed up my fianancing options on, and find controls interesting. Wow, just relized I had put in alot of time with this company. Before I moved into testing spent about nine years wiring control panels and units.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    You should be prepared to spend thousands on equipping yourself with the best stuff money can buy. I like to use my own stuff so I am not stuck using whatever junk the company wants to supply. As long as there is an agreement that the employer will cover maintenance/repair/replacement cost if it's used on the job.

I think most self-respecting techs own their own drills, saws, gauge manifolds, torch set, scale, leak detector(s), meters, thermometers, etc. in addition to the standard hand tools. Vacuum pump could go either way. Recovery machine & cylinders usually not. Your tools are an investment in your ability to do your job without being dependent on someone else. I would have a hard time taking someone seriously as a professional if they did not make this investment in themself.

Just for illustration purposes, here's what I roll with every day. Can handle most service calls with just what's on the table there.
    You get to put your tools on your kitchen table? I'd be dead if I did that!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    You get to put your tools on your kitchen table? I'd be dead if I did that!!!!!!!
    She didn't know until she saw the picture online. It is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission! (This logic does NOT apply to all areas of any relationship) LOL

Mrs. Tech Rob just told me today "So I saw all of your tools on the table in the picture, HMMMMMMM.....". Lucky for me, today is our 5 year anniversary and I sent her a bunch of roses and some chocolate covered strawberries, which just happened to arrive about the same time.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

nice tactic to smooth it over my girl would have my head

Somebody should make a elaborate list of ideal tools for the Hvac/refrigeration tech. And in what order to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph12345 View Post
    Somebody should make a elaborate list of ideal tools for the Hvac/refrigeration tech. And in what order to get them
    Ask Supertek65 for a copy of his personal tool list. That is what you need.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph12345 View Post

Ampmeter and a 6&1.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Lmao!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Ask Supertek65 for a copy of his personal tool list. That is what you need.

Do it super tek, unless its some inside joke I don't know about

I can not post my tool list from my phone.
    When i get to a computer i will post it.

It is from 2011

I have added a laser alignment tool.
    Thermal imaging laser, signal generator and two different fluke meters with detachable heads and a few other items in 2012.

Joseph
    It is not in order.

I would just be happy with a priority order. What expensive tool to save up for first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast