Tech Needed-Sitka Alaska-Union Scale

The following was sent with a request that I place a post in this forum.

Here is the job notice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you tired of the rat race. Do you have refrigeration experience e.g. Restaurant coolers and freezers, walk ins, Air Conditioning, Heat Pumps?

Can you weld, do sheet-metal, install HVAC-R equipment. Have you installed or serviced Variable Refrigerant Flow systems. Are you willing to learn more than what you know now??

The work is here, and shows no signs of slowing down. I work 60-80 hours a week, and can’t keep up. Unlimited potential in one of the most pristine places outside the lower 48. This job is not for anybody. It’s in Sitka Alaska, with a temp range of 20’s in winter and 65 in the summer. Its wet, a lot. It is located in the Inside Passage in Southeast Alaska. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can drive here on the “Alaska Marine Highway” It’s a Ferry System. (One guy actually made that mistake, obviously, he didn’t last too long)

Some of my service work starts with a 737 flight to Juneau, then a 4 seater to Skagway, Haines, Prince of Wales, Petersburg etc…. Flying over Glaciers, rugged mountains and Alpine lakes. On those days I reflect back to the days of commuting on the clogged highways and arterials of Los Angeles, Seattle, even CoeurdA’lene Idaho.

I came here 7 years ago on a 1 year plan, then 3, then 5. I have no intention of going back. In the wintertime we warm up in Mexico or Hawaii. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity you can contact me. Pay scale is union scale with union benefits. (About $45.00 on the check, and 30 in benefits)

Serious inquiries only can email me at johnb@schmolckmechanical.com

So....

You really CAN sell ice cubes to Eskimos!

Giant Bears, Mountain Goats, you make me sick! For the right guy, like me 10 years ago bette than heaven.
    Twilly is my hero!

If only the wifey liked the cold.....oh well im a resi guy anyway......
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

I just got back from 10 days in Alaska. Went to Skagway,Juneau and actually proposed in Ketchikan(She said yes) Anyways I really enjoyed it up there and I am really contemplating a move up to there in a few years. Really seemed like a great place to live. Although I am from Florida and boy would that be a change. Oh well sadly I will have to pass on this one. Only time will tell.

If only I had the experience

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Sounds like a little slice of heaven.
    I'd be there in a heartbeat if I had even just 5 yrs experience.
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Quote Originally Posted by FL.HVAC View Post
    I just got back from 10 days in Alaska. Went to Skagway,Juneau and actually proposed in Ketchikan(She said yes) Anyways I really enjoyed it up there and I am really contemplating a move up to there in a few years. Really seemed like a great place to live. Although I am from Florida and boy would that be a change. Oh well sadly I will have to pass on this one. Only time will tell.
    Dude I know I am a little late but congrats on the engagement. When is the big day?
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

I would consider it if you wanna contact me my contact info is in my profile. Not sure what my wife will say but we can find out if it gets to that point.

Mexico and Hawaii in the winter! Who is he trying to fool. No no heat calls in Alaska?
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!